• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom Classic 9.1 not remembering the last import destination drive/folder macOS

Explorer ,
Jan 06, 2020 Jan 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I suddenly notice on 9.1 that the last destination drive/folder selected to accept the imported files is not being remembered for the next import.  It seems to revert to the last drive at the root, but not the folder under it.  I'm using a Mac.

{Thread renamed by moderator}

P. F. Infante

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

As Lightroom is not able to remember the las import destination, one shortcut that might help: click on the large button in the top left of the import dialog - it doesn't look much like a button - and you'll see a list of your recent folders, so you don't have to click through the full hierarchy.

Regards,
Sahil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First, don't you mean 'top right' ?  I'm talking destination (i.e. TO), not source.

Second, is this a bug introduced in later versions?  This wasn't always the case.

Thanks.

-Pat

P. F. Infante

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 21, 2020 Jan 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes I have the same request too, for Lightroom to remember the last folder that was used for import.  I was previously using Lightroo Classic 8.4, and it remembers this folder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Sahil, yes that circle button with the right arrow will bring up last import locations. What a time saver. This will work until the problem is fixed. It would be nice if we could set catalogue preferences like in the same way we can with project settings in after effects/premiere. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 01, 2020 Feb 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sahil,

That is the import source, not the destination.

The bug we are talking about is the destination not being remembered.

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 02, 2020 Apr 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the problem with not remembering both the source and the destination! It's a lot of clicking every time. Frustrated. Please help! Can't remember exactly when it started, but it's been awhile... Thank you in advance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 06, 2020 Mar 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your years old copy-pasted reply doesn't work.

LR used to fallback to the parent folder, but not so in the latest version.

The destination is actually remembered (look at the at the small path in the upper right), just the drives do not expand on source and target sides and sticky folders are ignored.

So annoying.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 02, 2020 Apr 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's it!! Thank you so much

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, I'm also noticing this. Just updated and I have to search through my folders every single time to import. It defaults to Machintosh HD, whereas the previous version would remember the last folder you imported from. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 01, 2020 Feb 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I too am noticing this bug.

It worked fine in previous versions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 03, 2020 Mar 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Chiming in to say I'm getting the same error in Lightroom Classic 9.2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 06, 2020 Mar 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just wanted to note that for whatever reason, LR is now retaining the last import location path.  At least that is what I'm noticing.

P. F. Infante

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 23, 2020 Mar 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you change anything? How did you make it work?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 23, 2020 Mar 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's still not working for me. Lightroom Classic 9.2 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 06, 2020 Sep 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

9.4 is still doing it. I have to select my import folder every time. It defaults to C: drive "Photos" instead of my external drive, which it had remembered for the last 10 years.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 01, 2020 Apr 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here, also on version 9.2.. Please get this fixed Adobe!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 25, 2020 Apr 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem with Lightroom Classic. Please fix this Adobe. Importing used to take so much less time. Its a great hassle having to click through to the correct destination folder for every single import. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 26, 2020 Jun 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It seems to be fixed with version 9.3! Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 07, 2020 May 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Such a pain. Also using 9.2.1

The shortcut list to the most recently used destination folders hint was appreciated, I didn't know about that before.

Hopefully Adobe will return the default to last folder and still retain the recent destinations option as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 12, 2020 May 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This seems to be a problem with both the Import and the Destinations.

What's interesting is that this may be related to MacOS versions. I've just migrated from an old Mac with High Sierra to a new one with Catalina. The Lightroom Classic version is the same, and all my prefrences and presets prorted over perfectly. Except for this issue of source and destination.

I've fired up my old Mac and sure enought it still works fine there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 26, 2020 May 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, the same here!! Since I updated to Catalina this problem is occurring. It is really tedious! Hope this will be fixed soon... Anything one can do to tell Adobe that this should be solved?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 20, 2020 Jun 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Appears to be fixed for me in Lightroom 9.3. Thanks Adobe!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 06, 2020 Sep 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It's back in 9.4, can't remember last import destination! I'm on Windows 10.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines