• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom Classic 9.1 Not Responding - Windows 10

Community Beginner ,
Feb 07, 2020 Feb 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a Windows 10, use Lightroom 9.1 desktop, have plenty of memory/space, and can not get Lightroom to stop the error message Not Responding every time I try to work. I have changed my mouse from a Logitech and made sure there was no plugin, I have reset preferences, unchecked GPU, gone into view menu and unchecked the box suggested, a tech from Adobe remoted to my computer, I have uninstalled completely, started a new catalog, and nothing has worked. For months this has been going on, since two or three updates ago, can someone please help me fix this?

{Thread renamed by moderator}

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about Lightroom not responding, as you've already tried several troubleshooting steps, could you please try creating a new user account and let us know if it helps? https://support.microsoft.com/en-in/help/4026923/windows-10-create-a-local-user-or-administrator-acc...

Regards,
Sahil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How did you uninstall, cleanup, and reinstall Lightroom Classic, and did you uninstall all Adobe?

What tools/utilities were used?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am honestly not sure, the Adobe tech was remote to my computer and he did it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 18, 2020 Mar 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Paintguysgirl, this is a continuing and systemic problem with Lightroom Classic. I have spent hours with Adobe support. Reloaded one computer due to an Adobe support tech mistake. Bought a new computer with a fresh load of everything. This problem continues. Adobe needs to look at this seriously.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just a thought outside the box.

Do you have the Adobe Creative Cloud Desktop application installed and updated, there was a major update a couple of months ago?

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do have everything up to date, I was hoping the last update would have fixed my problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What version of Windows 10 are you running?  If you get behind on updates Windows does not function very well. Please provide the actual version number.

See the screen capture for the latest version of Windows 10.

Screenshot 2020-02-07 at 10.49.10 PM.png

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 18, 2020 Mar 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Paintguysgirl, this is a continuing and systemic problem with Lightroom Classic. I have spent hours with Adobe support. Reloaded one computer due to an Adobe support tech mistake. Bought a new computer with a fresh load of everything. This problem continues. Adobe needs to look at this seriously. Best wishes for a resolution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 26, 2020 Apr 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same problem, and tried the same things, including unchecking graphics acceleration. I updated the software for my NVidia Graphics card (1050Ti) and the not responding problem has gone away. Also, when I was having the problem, if I held down the shift key when starting LR classic CC, it would take a minute to start but at least it would start. I can find no reason why this worked. But it might be worth you giving it a try. I'm running windows 10. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 26, 2020 Apr 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

What actions in Lightroom seem to cause this "not responding"??

What size is your monitor (in pixels)?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines