• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom Classic 9.2.1 beach balling using adjustment brush

Community Beginner ,
May 20, 2020 May 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I'm using Lightroom classic on a 15 month old iMac Pro, which is usually lightening fast, with a powerful graphics processor and lots of RAM. Im still running Mojave as I have a number of programs incompatible with Catalina.

After updating to 9.2.1 I'm finding that the adjustment brush in particular is running really badly, with beachballing happening after only a few stroke with the adjustment brush. It always used to work instantly. The same with noise reduction, i used to have instant results as I moved the slider but now its move and wait.

I've run diagnostics on my machine and all comes back as working properly.

I've tried purging the cache which made no difference. 

Please help as its becoming unusable. I really don't want to start learning a new raw processing program, but I can't work with lightroom like this. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 30, 2020 May 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What happens when you turn off Use GPU in your Preferences>Performance tab? Does that make a difference when y ou use the adjustment brushes?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 30, 2020 May 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On the 15 month old iMAC Pro, what did you update Lightroom Classic from? What version? 

Or was the previous experiance on an older computer?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 31, 2020 May 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I keep my Lightroom updated as new updates come out, so whatever version was current prior to 9.2.1. I didn’t make any big jump from a very old version.

I think it’s sorted, following advice on The Lightroom Queen forum, and a Facebook group I disabled all the plug-ins and reset the preferences and now it’s seems to be ok.

But I’d be interested in any comments / observations and also how to stop it happening again.

Sent from my iPad

Sent from my iPad

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 31, 2020 May 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You could try adding the plugins one by one to see if any of them are the culprit. That being said, I suspect the preference file was the culprit. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines