• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom classic 9.2.1 climbs to 64 Gigs of memory and crashes

Community Beginner ,
May 20, 2020 May 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Four times today while sycing Lightroom classic with Lightroom, the memory usage suddenly and unexpectedly climbs to 64 Gigabytest and then crashes while my Mac reports it has run out of memory.

My Mac has 16Gigs of ram, so I assume it's also eating through all the swap space as well. I'm in the process of syncing 130,000+ photos with Lightroom CC. The memory usage of my Lightroom Classic process in Activity Monitor might stay at a constant level between 2 and 3 gigabytes for several minutes or even several hours, but then it suddenly jumps through the roof to 64 gigabytes in less than a minute.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Difficult to help you on this matter. This is a problem with LR memory management that only Adobe can address.

Best Regards
Eric Pecquerie
Sent from my iPad Pro

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I suggest you post a bug report in the official Adobe feedback forum, where Adobe wants all bug reports and feature suggestions: 
https://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family/categories/photoshop_family_photoshop_lightroom

Be sure to include the first ten lines of the menu command Help > System Info.  Provide all the details, rather than linking back to this thread -- experience shows that Adobe developers tend not to follow the links.

[Use the blue reply button under the first post to ensure replies sort properly.]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Just a hunch if you can get Lightroom started, go to the top left corner and in the option for starting sync, make sure you have the two options "Address lookup" and "Face Detection" paused. See the screen capture.

Screenshot 2020-05-20 at 3.37.19 PM.jpg

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines