• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom Classic 9.2.1 crashes when synching folders

Participant ,
May 02, 2020 May 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Very recently I noticed that Lightroom Classic 9.2.1 crashes when synching. I point the curser on the folder I want to sync in the library module, right click and click on "synchronize folder". A dialogue box opens as usual, shows me which files are to be synchronized and when I accept, the wheel keeps on spinning and never stops. So I have to kill the process and force quit Lightroom. However, when I start Lightroom again, I discover that the files concerned had been synched. 

Any clues?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Participant , May 09, 2020 May 09, 2020

All is well now. I am using High Sierra, and solved the issue by resetting the preferences

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just a thought "out of the box" if you are doing something often that causes Lightroom to crash. So in this scenario it's syncing a folder, one of things you need to consider is why is it necessary to synchronize the folder. Ok maybe you know that you copied some files from another location. Next, are any of those files been previously imported into the Catalog?

IMHO, it's not a good idea to Synchronize a folder as a "clean up".

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which OS are you using?

Sometimes permissions for user access are not set correctly or are unavailable.

eg: are all your drive lights on in the Library> Folders panel?

Can you post some more details if this still an issue thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
May 09, 2020 May 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All is well now. I am using High Sierra, and solved the issue by resetting the preferences

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
May 16, 2020 May 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Tony

Back to step one again, it crashed several times today and I had to uninstall the latest version and installed version 9.0. But the same thing happens. Have been using High Sierra on my MAC for some time with no problems up till the beginning of May.

I copy new files to a subfolder using finder - in the OS - and then try to sync. And it crashes! Getting really tired of all this...

All the HD are lit and working.

I will have to go back to 9.2.1, and import instead of synching... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
May 09, 2020 May 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, I actually solved the issue by resetting the preferences. It syncs all right now

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 27, 2020 May 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you please walk me through to show me how I can do it? I did not see the reset

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
May 27, 2020 May 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To reset Lightroom preferences, hold down Alt/Opt-Shift as you start Lightroom, and you'll get a dialog box to reset. This will set all Lightroom preferences settings back to their defaults. But again, I had to ninstall Lightroom, and do a re-install again. Now it works, hopefully it will continue doing so.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Mar 02, 2022 Mar 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I see this was for older 9.2.1  but I am running Windows 10 and Version 11.2  After I capture photos and then later have a need to SYnc a folder with some photos I had top rename or add to a folder outside LR, I then do a Resync to add them to the catalog. and the program just freezes. the icon just spins. I end up having to cancel. Thoughts? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines