Highlighted

Lightroom Classic 9.2 crashes complaining of missing ordinal numbers in DLLs

New Here ,
Apr 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using my subscription I updated Lightroom Classic from 9.1. to 9.2 using Adobe Creative Cloud.  When I launched the program I got an error message complaining that ordinal numbers on were missing from some DLLs. The specific message details changed on subsequent attempts to launch the program but the messages were essentially the same: missing ordinal numbers in one or more DLLs.

I re-installed version 9.1 using Adobe Creative Cloud and it worked fine.  I then updated to 9.2 again and the same crashes occurred.  I have again re-installed version 9.1 and will continue there until I see a 9.3 update before attempting to update again.  Not impressed.

I am running Windows 10 Version 10.0.17763 Build 17763 on a Dell XPS15 laptop.  

John Miner

TOPICS
Crash or freeze

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Lightroom Classic 9.2 crashes complaining of missing ordinal numbers in DLLs

New Here ,
Apr 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using my subscription I updated Lightroom Classic from 9.1. to 9.2 using Adobe Creative Cloud.  When I launched the program I got an error message complaining that ordinal numbers on were missing from some DLLs. The specific message details changed on subsequent attempts to launch the program but the messages were essentially the same: missing ordinal numbers in one or more DLLs.

I re-installed version 9.1 using Adobe Creative Cloud and it worked fine.  I then updated to 9.2 again and the same crashes occurred.  I have again re-installed version 9.1 and will continue there until I see a 9.3 update before attempting to update again.  Not impressed.

I am running Windows 10 Version 10.0.17763 Build 17763 on a Dell XPS15 laptop.  

John Miner

TOPICS
Crash or freeze

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Apr 05, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Apr 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are running an incredibly old version of Windows.

Update Windows then do the LR Classic update.

2020-04-05 16_19_35-Inbox - Gmail Edc45 - Mozilla Thunderbird.png

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 05, 2020 0