Highlighted

Lightroom Classic 9.2 - destination not writeable

New Here ,
Apr 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've created a new catalog on my local HD.  I have one photo on my local HD I am trying to import/

I get an error that the destination is not writeable.

I execute a "chmod -R 0777" (gives everyone permission to read, write and execute) on the catalog directory and all it's contents.

I still get the error that the destination is not writeable.

Please help.

TOPICS
Bug, Import and export, Mac, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Lightroom Classic 9.2 - destination not writeable

New Here ,
Apr 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've created a new catalog on my local HD.  I have one photo on my local HD I am trying to import/

I get an error that the destination is not writeable.

I execute a "chmod -R 0777" (gives everyone permission to read, write and execute) on the catalog directory and all it's contents.

I still get the error that the destination is not writeable.

Please help.

TOPICS
Bug, Import and export, Mac, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Apr 06, 2020 0
LEGEND ,
Apr 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Destination folder is not writeable. This is usually not the folder containing the catalog. It is the folder specified in the Destination Panel of the import dialog box in Lightroom.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 06, 2020 0
GoldingD LATEST
LEGEND ,
Apr 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is your MACOS Catalina?

What drive is the selected destination on?

Just another Adobe customer; My Sys; APP: LRC 9.4, PS 21.2.1; CMP: WIN WS 16GB OS 10 v1909 (18363), mid 2015 MBPr 15” 16GB MACOS 10.15.6; 4K EXT DSPY; CAM: Canon 5D Mk III, Fuji X-T3

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 06, 2020 0