• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom Classic 9.2 no longer supports third party plugins such as DxO NIK Collection

Community Beginner ,
Feb 15, 2020 Feb 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom Classic 9.2 no longer supports third party plugins such as DxO NIK Collection, Exposure X5, etc. for external editing as it did with earlier versions. I have tried using the plugin manager, and the preferences new "External Editor" set up, but I cannot get the plugins to function as they did before this latest LR Classic update. Even when accessing some plugins which appear to be installed via "Plugin Extras" from the menu, the stand-alone version of the third party application opens and the edits are not saved back to Lightroom. Now I am forced to take an unnecessary round trip to Photoshop where the plugins still work as they should, even after the latest Photoshop update.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They are all working fine on my system. But I am still using the older Google versions. They also work in PS 2020.

You could try reinstalling or in the External Editing tab you can link to the EXE, or APP, extension and Add them as options in the right click Edit In menu option.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Old Google versions work on mine too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check for stacking, check sort order, and bring up edit in, make sure add to catalog is checked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you are not seeing them it is because of where they are located. Go to Preferences > Presets... is store with this catalog ticked on? If not click on the Show All Other Lightroom Presets. You may need to move them - or reinstall them but they still work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The DxO NIK collection (latest version) still works fine for me in LR Classic 9.2, under the Edit In... menu.

macOS: Catalina

iMac

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines