• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom Classic 9.2 on MAC - after export, can't see exported files in Finder

New Here ,
Apr 09, 2020 Apr 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good day to all, it's my first time I enter in this community for a problem. Hope somebody can help me. After I export photos in jpg format in a new directory on the disk and open that directory in Finder, the exported photos are not shown. From LR, when I select a single photo and press "show in Finder" then I can see it. This doesn't work if I select multiple files bacause Show in Finder is greyed. To see all the files in the directory from Finder, I have to restart the MAC, but this is an annoying way.

The problem is not on the MAC side since if I work out of LR, I never fall into this problem.

Did anybody experince this problem?

Thank you for your support.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Then this is a problem with the OS and Finder and not LR.

LR is placing those images in the correct folder, and they are just JPG files, and then something is going wrong in Finder that is not properly displaying them.

How can it be a LR problem? LR has no control over Finder or what it displays.

Maybe you are creating that new folder in an area that is restricted, your username doesn't have proper permissions to use that top level folder, and a Reboot is need to the OS to Assign proper permission so you can see what is in that folder.

Try creating the folder the JPG exports are going to someplace else. In a folder, area of the drive, that your Username Does have full control over. Do the exported JPG show up properly in Finder?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank you for the answer but, as said in my post, if I work off LR with any other application or just work with Finder creating directories and moving files around on the same external HDD where the photos are stored, I don't have any problem. I installed LR about 10 days ago and am having this problem since.

I saw another post similar to mine in this community and the solution found was to restart the MAC, that works, but I don't want to restart it any time I export a file to see it in the Finder. I thought this was a problem that somebody else has experienced.

I installed also Luminar as add-on, don't know if this may impact. Will try to uninstall it and will update the status.

In the mean time thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you try relaunching the Finder? In Finder, hold down alt/option key, at the bottom of the context menu you'll see the command "Relaunch". Do you then see the files? 

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe you aren't waiting long enough for LR to actually write all the export files to that folder?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is th3e exact path and name of the folder you are export those images to?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 10, 2020 Apr 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello all, thank you for your kind support.

I finally found where the problem is. I uninstalled Luminar 4 (add-on) and now everything works fine. I suspected about Luminar was causing this problem but didn't have proofs of it since I installed it right after installing LR. Now I got the confirmation that it caused the problem.

Just for your knowledge, with Luminar installed, after exporting the photos, I tried to read the "info" of the directory and noticed that its size was 3GB even if Finder didn't show its content on the screen. After rebooting, the content showed up again. That means the transfer was physically done but just not visible in Finder.

After uninstalling Luminar,  I can see the transferred photos in Finder without rebooting.

I can't explain how this happens, will try to contact the support of Luminar to see if they have experienced any such problem in the past. Thanks again and wish a Happy Easter to you all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bring up Lightroom Classic, select one of the affected photos, go and choose that show in finer option, while in finder, create a text file, name it ThisOne.txt, or Whatever.txt , etc. Carefully note the folder name. Close finder, minimize Lightroom, Bring up Finder in the normal way, search fir ThisOne.txt

And, in Finder, check for similarly named folders, perhaps with a different capitalization.

Point is to verify you are looking in the same place.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines