• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom Classic 9.2 Release SO SLOW

New Here ,
Apr 02, 2020 Apr 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What on earth is going on with my brand new 16inch MacBook Pro and Lightroom Classic 9.2 (I think the latest release) being so ridiculously SLOW!

My 2012 Mac with Solid State drives put in worked 10 x faster!!!!!

The rendering is HORENDOUS, and when using the Spot tool, the Adjustment Brush, the Graduated Filter etc it takes Forever to renour, EVERY SINGLE TIME!

PLEASE FIX THE SPEED ISSUE ADOBE... otherwise everyone will have to go to CAPTURE ONE!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 03, 2020 Apr 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What are the hardware specs of the Mac?

What version of the OS is it running?

In pixels, what are the dimensions of the screen?

Does turning off the GPU optimization help any?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom often performs poorly with 5K monitors. Especially local adjustments. The only workarounds I know of are to switch to a smaller monitor (smaller in pixels, such as a 2K monitor), or to do the local adjustments in Photoshop.

Also, we are not Adobe in this forum, we are just Lightroom users, and we can't fix anything. You might want to contact Adobe directly, there is a link on the main page of this forum that says "Submit Product Feeback"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

otherwise everyone will have to go to CAPTURE ONE!

Not everyone. For most users, LR is working fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, this release is wretchedly slow and laggy. 

Running a 4.2GHz quad core iMac, 16GB eGPU, 64GB RAM. Photoshop is a bit slower too, but not as bad.

Setting GPU performance to auto, results in an extremely slow LR. I mean, like I'm using it remotely.  If it's set to use the 16GB Radeon VII eGPU, it runs slowly, but not as slow.

Just spent an hour with Adobe support, who could only recommend following the published practices for speeding up LR.

It was a complete waste of time, and the tech only managed to delete a single preference file during that time - which didn't help.

I think this release is just a resource hog. I really hope it's not the direction they're going in.

Also, anyone else have LR always opening with the window maximized now? Doesn't matter how large or small it is when closed, it always opens maximized , and covers everything else that's open. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 04, 2020 Apr 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have no speed issues with Lightroom Classic 9.2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 17, 2020 Jun 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm experiencing the same slowness. Sometimes I would even have to "Force Quit" Lightroom because it's being non-reponsive. I hope they address these performance issues asap.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you using the same hardware/OS as original poster? If not then best start a new thread providing hardware and OS details. Also, describe where you are seeing poor performance (i.e. specific module and/or tools).

Also, keep in mind that folk who participate in this forum are Adobe customers like yourself.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

One of the bug fixes listed for LrC V 9.3 addresses slowness on the I9 MBP 2019 16".

Ken Seals - Nikon Z 9, Z 8, 14mm-800mm. Computer Win 11 Pro, I7-8700K, 64GB, RTX3070TI. Travel machine: 2021 MacBook Pro M1 MAX 64GB. All Adobe apps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines