Highlighted

Lightroom Classic 9.3 It keeps crashing on opening

Community Beginner ,
Jun 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It suddenly occurred on two different machines.

Tried several "remedies" but it keeps crashing.

It issues a "Crash Report" dialog.

In the report file, it says something about an EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION.

Please help.

Topics

Bug, Crash or freeze, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Lightroom Classic 9.3 It keeps crashing on opening

Community Beginner ,
Jun 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It suddenly occurred on two different machines.

Tried several "remedies" but it keeps crashing.

It issues a "Crash Report" dialog.

In the report file, it says something about an EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION.

Please help.

Topics

Bug, Crash or freeze, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
New Here ,
Jun 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It appears to be a problem with Windows 10 build 20150 which is a Dev release...

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah damn. That would explain it. I am on the insider program and it's just tanking on me now. Both CC and Classic won't load. Repaired all the C+ packages too. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
patyhmx LATEST
Community Beginner ,
Jun 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, very much.    I haven't tested it already, but it makes perfect sense:  being in two different computers at the same time.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using google first on

DML CreateDevice 1

which leads me to google on

directml

Makes me thing GPU driver. Now both AMD and NVIDIA appear to have been putting out new drivers during this time where some people are not patient enough to wait till Microsoft fixes what appears to be their absolute worse update FUBAR ever

Check that you have the absolute latest GPU driver, and accomplish a clean install. Hopefully if you use NVIDIA GeForce products, you did not go all techno and choose a Studio driver as opposed to Game Ready driver (NVIDIA is always very very carefully slow to update those) or, if AMD,  whatever their more pro/techy adoption is.

Just another Adobe customer; My Sys; APP: LRC 9.3, PS 21.2.1; CMP: WIN WS 16GB OS 10 v1909 (18363), mid 2015 MBPr 15” 16GB MACOS 10.15.6; 4K EXT DSPY; CAM: Canon 5D Mk III, Fuji X-T3

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see that NVIDIA is/has put out new drivers with 20150 in mind

https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/news/hardware/nvidia-adds-windows-10-2004-gpu-scheduling-to-geforce...

Just another Adobe customer; My Sys; APP: LRC 9.3, PS 21.2.1; CMP: WIN WS 16GB OS 10 v1909 (18363), mid 2015 MBPr 15” 16GB MACOS 10.15.6; 4K EXT DSPY; CAM: Canon 5D Mk III, Fuji X-T3

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines