• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom Classic 9.3 not syncing white balance - macOS Catalina 10.15.5

Participant ,
Jul 01, 2020 Jul 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to sync the white balance from one file to a few others and while it will sync other adjustments it will NOT sync color temp/tint.  I do have a custom profile on the image I'm trying to sync from but it just won't sync WB.

Adobe LR 9.3

Mac OS Catalina 10.15.5

{Thread renamed by moderator}

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 14, 2020 Aug 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry to hear that Lightroom is giving you problems.
Have you tried resetting the preferences of Lightroom and see if that helps? 

https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/help/setting-preferences-lightroom.html

Regards,
Sahil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 15, 2020 Aug 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are all the files raw or all JPG?

If not, the white balance settings maay not transfer since the WB data will be different between the two.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Aug 16, 2020 Aug 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All RAW

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need to provide exactly what you mean by ”sync WB”?

At Import of the raw files, using the sync option after import, or ”auto sync”?

When you import raw files into Lightroom it will normally show ”As shot”, this could be any thing dependent on the camera settings. As an example if you have the camera setting set to ”Auto WB” this could differ with every shot.

If you are using the sync button and the image that is on ”As shot” and you copy that to sync to other images if the other images you are syncing to are also on As shot there will be no change. If you make a manual change to the main image the change should get applied to the image you are copying the settings to.

If you select all the images and switch to ”Auto sync” any function you perform will be applied to all the selected images, If you move a slider +20 exposure then all selected images the +20 will be applied, the same with the WB sliders.

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hmm. I can't reproduce this. Is the source image by any chance set to "as shot"? if so, it will only sync the "as shot" setting, not the absolute values of WB. To get it to sync in that case, just change the WB by a few points and back and it will show "custom" and then the values should sync.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is what I was trying to convey in my post. All the images will remain in their ”As shot” state.

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The forum did not show me your post when I was posting for some reason. Only showed up after I posted. Seems we had the same idea on what the problem might be

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Aug 31, 2020 Aug 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nope, in all cases I'd already adjusted the WB.  I've been using LR for years and this has never happened to me.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 07, 2020 Nov 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the exact same problem.  Say for example I have it set to cloudy in one shot and I go to sync it, the image will then say cloudy but it won't change the actual temp and tint during the sync.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 07, 2020 Nov 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Im having the same issue... My Lightroom has been having alot of issues since the latest update... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 09, 2020 Nov 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem. When I press cmd+c on edited photo (where the WB is set to AS SHOT) a paste the setting  to another photo, WB has different values. I must change WB to AUTO (for example) and then to AS SHOT, so now is OK.

Any suggestions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Nov 09, 2020 Nov 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@vailfucci, Matta and Ludeks, The original poster stated he is on LrC V 9.3 and you are on V10. The problem on WB not syncing on V10 has been acknowledged. See  this post  in the Adobe Feedback forum.

Ken Seals - Nikon Z 9, Z 8, 14mm-800mm. Computer Win 11 Pro, I7-8700K, 64GB, RTX3070TI. Travel machine: 2021 MacBook Pro M1 MAX 64GB. All Adobe apps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 30, 2021 Jun 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As Shot is the key.  If photo A is set to As Shot white balance, photo B will also be set to As Shot, not the same numerical values.

To solve it, select ‘Custom’ from the white balance dropdown, or shift the values slightly, and THEN sync with photo B, and your numerical values will then be copied.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Feb 26, 2022 Feb 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm reposting this two years later because I am having the same problem AGAIN.  

I adjust my the temp on my file and then try to sync it to a group of files by shift selecting them and it doesn't change.  Please help.  This is really terrible.

Mac OS Monterey 12.2.1

LR Classic 11.2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 24, 2023 Mar 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm have the same issue now with the latest update. Any idea to solve it?

When i'm in the quick develop panel and changing the white balance with the arrows, the syncing is working. 

But that only changes the white balance in - oder + steps. I cannot assign one color temperature on all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 13, 2023 Jun 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

having this exact problem now after the 12.4 update to LRC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 13, 2023 Jun 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You’ve posted to a very old thread. It is highly unlikely that the issue described in this thread, though not impossible, is the same issue which you are currently experiencing. Rather than resurrect an old thread that is seemingly similar, you are better posting to a new thread with fresh, complete information including system information, a complete description of the problem and step-by-step instructions for reproduction. 

In the unlikely event the issue is the same, we will merge you back into the appropriate location. 

Thank you!

Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines