Highlighted

Lightroom Classic 9.3 not syncing white balance - macOS Catalina 10.15.5

Explorer ,
Jul 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to sync the white balance from one file to a few others and while it will sync other adjustments it will NOT sync color temp/tint.  I do have a custom profile on the image I'm trying to sync from but it just won't sync WB.

Adobe LR 9.3

Mac OS Catalina 10.15.5

{Thread renamed by moderator}

TOPICS
Mac, Problem or error, Sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Lightroom Classic 9.3 not syncing white balance - macOS Catalina 10.15.5

Explorer ,
Jul 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to sync the white balance from one file to a few others and while it will sync other adjustments it will NOT sync color temp/tint.  I do have a custom profile on the image I'm trying to sync from but it just won't sync WB.

Adobe LR 9.3

Mac OS Catalina 10.15.5

{Thread renamed by moderator}

TOPICS
Mac, Problem or error, Sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jul 01, 2020 0
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry to hear that Lightroom is giving you problems.
Have you tried resetting the preferences of Lightroom and see if that helps? 

https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/help/setting-preferences-lightroom.html

Regards,
Sahil

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 14, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Aug 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are all the files raw or all JPG?

If not, the white balance settings maay not transfer since the WB data will be different between the two.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 15, 2020 0
Explorer ,
Aug 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All RAW

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 16, 2020 0
Aug 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need to provide exactly what you mean by ”sync WB”?

At Import of the raw files, using the sync option after import, or ”auto sync”?

When you import raw files into Lightroom it will normally show ”As shot”, this could be any thing dependent on the camera settings. As an example if you have the camera setting set to ”Auto WB” this could differ with every shot.

If you are using the sync button and the image that is on ”As shot” and you copy that to sync to other images if the other images you are syncing to are also on As shot there will be no change. If you make a manual change to the main image the change should get applied to the image you are copying the settings to.

If you select all the images and switch to ”Auto sync” any function you perform will be applied to all the selected images, If you move a slider +20 exposure then all selected images the +20 will be applied, the same with the WB sliders.

Regards, Denis: System iMac mid-2015, 5K 27” monitor, macOS10.15.7: LrC 10, Lr 4, Ps 22.0,; Camera OM-D E-M1.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 16, 2020 0
Aug 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hmm. I can't reproduce this. Is the source image by any chance set to "as shot"? if so, it will only sync the "as shot" setting, not the absolute values of WB. To get it to sync in that case, just change the WB by a few points and back and it will show "custom" and then the values should sync.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 16, 2020 0
Aug 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is what I was trying to convey in my post. All the images will remain in their ”As shot” state.

Regards, Denis: System iMac mid-2015, 5K 27” monitor, macOS10.15.7: LrC 10, Lr 4, Ps 22.0,; Camera OM-D E-M1.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 16, 2020 0
Aug 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The forum did not show me your post when I was posting for some reason. Only showed up after I posted. Seems we had the same idea on what the problem might be

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 16, 2020 0
Explorer ,
Aug 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nope, in all cases I'd already adjusted the WB.  I've been using LR for years and this has never happened to me.  

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 31, 2020 0