Highlighted

Lightroom Classic 9.3 Stuck Syncing. Major Problem

Community Beginner ,
Aug 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screenshot (139).pngScreenshot (140)_LI.jpg

Okay, so Lightroom Desktop is not syncing photos. It is stuck at 2,913 photos. I have already the sync.lrdata folder; it did nothing (also it did not recreate the folder). Also I did the Rebuild Sync Data but all it did was try to re-sync all my photos. And on top of all this, the Sync Activity box shows nothing is even trying to be synced. 

Please Help! My work flow is suffering. 

TOPICS
Bug, Performance, Problem or error, Sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Lightroom Classic 9.3 Stuck Syncing. Major Problem

Community Beginner ,
Aug 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screenshot (139).pngScreenshot (140)_LI.jpg

Okay, so Lightroom Desktop is not syncing photos. It is stuck at 2,913 photos. I have already the sync.lrdata folder; it did nothing (also it did not recreate the folder). Also I did the Rebuild Sync Data but all it did was try to re-sync all my photos. And on top of all this, the Sync Activity box shows nothing is even trying to be synced. 

Please Help! My work flow is suffering. 

TOPICS
Bug, Performance, Problem or error, Sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Aug 08, 2020 1
Adobe Community Professional ,
Aug 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not going to be a lot of help, I'm afraid. But from my experience that seems to be a big chunk to try to sync all at once. I am primarily a LrC user, and synchronize a few collections now and then. But I think if you break them down into smaller collections you might have greater success.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 08, 2020 0
Aug 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your screen capture shows that you have selected ”previous import” that is not a folder on your operating system and does not contain the actual image files. The actual image files should be in a folder or maybe several folders in your operating system which should be displayed in the Folders section in the Library module.

Are you talking about syncing the files to the Creative Cloud storage?

If so then the normal procedure in LrC is to select the files from the folders and place into collections and then

click on the far left of the collection to start syncing.

You activate syncing to the creative cloud by signing in to your Adobe ID. See the screen capture.

Screenshot 2020-08-08 at 2.16.02 PM.png

Also, see this link for more info.

https://helpx.adobe.com/ca/lightroom-classic/help/lightroom-mobile-desktop-features.html 

Regards, Denis: System iMac mid-2015, 5K 27” monitor, macOS 11.0: LrC 10, Lr 4, Ps 22.0.1,; Camera OM-D E-M1.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 08, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Aug 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screenshot (141).png

I'm now syncing a the collection i want to sync, but nothing has changed (even after restarting LrC)

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 08, 2020 0
Aug 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok looks a though you have 2900 images left to sync, this will be controlled by the speed of your internet connection, so if we say 3 sec per image then it is possible it would take at least 2 hours. In the section of your sync info can you notice if it actually syncing is the number reducing?

If no then check for other possibilities e.g video files or unsupported formats?

Regards, Denis: System iMac mid-2015, 5K 27” monitor, macOS 11.0: LrC 10, Lr 4, Ps 22.0.1,; Camera OM-D E-M1.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 08, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Aug 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screenshot (142)_LI.jpg

I can't see what the activity even is

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 08, 2020 0
Aug 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been doing some searching and cannot find anything definitive to remedy your problem. See the link below for more info about things to try.

https://lightroomkillertips.com/sync-stuck/ 

If you have to resync the bulk of your collections I would create smaller collections and and beginning syncing them in batches.

Sync only image files and video files will be sync.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 08, 2020 0
Aug 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You show screen shots of Lightroom Classic which is the traditional version of Lr but you say "Lightroom Desktop" which now a days refers to the newer version of Lr that is Cloud Centric. You also show that your Adobe storage space is 1 (ONE) Tera Byte which comes with the Lr Cloud Centric program normally.

Then there is LrM for iOS and Android Mobile Devices. Which you show you have several listed in the "Folders" section of the left hand side panel and then only a small section of the Collections section that is not showing any collection are synced.

So PLEASE state the Exact versions of Lr you are using on all your Devices.

It seems you are using both LrC and LrD (Desktop, Cloud version) on Real computers and LrM on your mobile devices.

What I think is you have just To Much Stuff going on for Lr (whatever version) to keep track of.

It is NOT Wise to have both LrD and LrC installed on the same computer and trying to sync both up to the Lr Web system and to the mobile devices and back again.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 09, 2020 1