Highlighted

Lightroom Classic 9.3 UI panel size increased from previous update

New Here ,
Jun 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I just updated to Lightroom Classic v9.3 from v9.1, and I really like the new features, but have noticed the scale of the side panels has increased (stretched), leaving less room to view my grid or photo in between them, and more un-used space on the panels. I have both panels scaled to their smallest dimension allowed (besides hiding completely, which I don't want to do). I was wondering if this was intentional, or if it was maybe a bug that happened when the new tone curve was added. If its intentional I'll just have to get used to it, but if its a bug, I wanted to point it out as I haven't seen it mentioned anywhere else. It is a slight difference, but very noticable when scrolling through my grid! Also I'm running a 13" MacBook Pro Retina Display, I've tried different scaled resolutions, but that doesn't seem to be the issue. Basically I want to be able to shrink the side panels smaller than they're currently allowed to be sized, to make better use of space.

Thank you for your time!

Cody

TOPICS
Feature request, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Lightroom Classic 9.3 UI panel size increased from previous update

New Here ,
Jun 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I just updated to Lightroom Classic v9.3 from v9.1, and I really like the new features, but have noticed the scale of the side panels has increased (stretched), leaving less room to view my grid or photo in between them, and more un-used space on the panels. I have both panels scaled to their smallest dimension allowed (besides hiding completely, which I don't want to do). I was wondering if this was intentional, or if it was maybe a bug that happened when the new tone curve was added. If its intentional I'll just have to get used to it, but if its a bug, I wanted to point it out as I haven't seen it mentioned anywhere else. It is a slight difference, but very noticable when scrolling through my grid! Also I'm running a 13" MacBook Pro Retina Display, I've tried different scaled resolutions, but that doesn't seem to be the issue. Basically I want to be able to shrink the side panels smaller than they're currently allowed to be sized, to make better use of space.

Thank you for your time!

Cody

TOPICS
Feature request, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jun 18, 2020 0
LEGEND ,
Jun 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Cody

I’ve not noticed any real change although I’m using the 15 inch MBP. When working in Develop I usually hold down the fn key and press F5, F6 & F7 to quickly maximize the editing window leaving just the editing tools on the right.

Try hovering over the margin until you see the double-headed arrows then hold down the option (Alt) key and drag out a good distance. Then release Alt and drag in as far as possible. Does that make any difference?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 18, 2020 0
MeCody LATEST
New Here ,
Jun 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jon,

Thanks for the quick reply! I've tried the option key trick you suggested, it worked in the direction of making them larger, but not making them any smaller unfortunately. Hiding the panels does work if I need to, but I like having them opened when I can for info/ tools and whatnot. The biggest annoyance is that I had to remove a couple of tools from my bottom tool bar to get them all to fit inbetween the newly elongated panels, they just feel clunkier now. I'll include an attatchment of the difference in size (ignore the info on them), it's minimal, but definitily noticable on a smaller screen.lightroom panels.png

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 18, 2020 0