Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

LightRoom Classic 9.4 Extremely slow

New Here ,
Aug 22, 2020 Aug 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good afternoon

I have a notebook Acer Nitro 5 AN515-51 (with Intel i5 7300HQ processor and a NVIDIA GTX 1050 with 4GB RAM) that I bought in January 2020.

I added 32GB RAM in it. A 500GB NVMe WD Black SN750 (R 3400MBps | W 2600MBps) (as a C 🙂 drive and a 480GB Sandisk SSD (as a D 🙂 drive

Lightroom's behavior is unbearably slow. To the point of freezing and having to wait for it to resolve the processing, to be able to edit another point in the photo.
When it gets slow, I notice in the Windows 10 "task manager" panel that shows the processor consumption at 100% but the GPU in normal consumption mode.
I don't know what else to do to solve this problem.

In addition to this notebook, I still have an iMac 2013 (intel i5, graphics card NVIDIA GT 750 1GB, 16GB RAM and SSD disk drive 480GB) and on the iMac the performance of Lightroom is poor.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Aug 22, 2020 Aug 22, 2020

So, you have a computer with a very slow CPU (by today's standards) and to me it is not surprising the it uses the CPU intensively to the point where the CPU can't keep up, and you see slow downs. This is made worse if you are doing local adjustments (brushing or spot healing) or if you have very large original images (e.g. large in pixels or megapixels). If your computer has a HD screen (1920x1080 or 1920x1200), then the GPU won't help you at all.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, you have a computer with a very slow CPU (by today's standards) and to me it is not surprising the it uses the CPU intensively to the point where the CPU can't keep up, and you see slow downs. This is made worse if you are doing local adjustments (brushing or spot healing) or if you have very large original images (e.g. large in pixels or megapixels). If your computer has a HD screen (1920x1080 or 1920x1200), then the GPU won't help you at all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, what would be your suggestion?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Get a faster CPU. Or, 

Do fewer local adjustments, or do the local adjustments in Photoshop. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 27, 2020 Aug 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Since 3 years, with my McBook first, I had the same slow motion with Lrc. I brought the brand new iMac in 2017, and wiith LrC I have the same problem ! I went to Apple store to check my mashine, as my iMac 27' has not a very slow CPU and there is no machine or material problem. The only one is with LrC ! When I do the retouch by CaptureOne, no freezing, and the respons is immediate whatever I ask him to do. I always work on RAW, I'm professionnal photographer and have a lot of photographs to deal with, and quicky, wich, with LrC doesn't work propely. I don't like Capture One, my favorite is Lightroom, if not I really would not hestitate to trash it ! Every update gives me some usless standards ... 9.4 nothing changes 😞 Anybody for a tips ?? Thanks a lot for any suggestion you my have. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 27, 2020 Aug 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Suggestions given above.

If your computer has a 4K or 5K monitor, the problem is that the CPU and GPU cannot produce the desired local adjustments with the desired speed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines