• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom Classic 9.4 - How to turn off Sync

Participant ,
Sep 25, 2020 Sep 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do I permanently turn off synching photos. I know about pausing BUT I want to turn it off so it no longer runs,

However I am building a new Ryzen 8 Core 16 Thread computer and will be moving my photos & catalog, collections to the new computer. Does this require synching to be left on? If not  I have no need of this function as I only edit and access my photos on my desktop computer.

Cheers

Ken

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can pause to stop it, and use the Delete All Synced Data from the Lightroom Sync from the preferences. 

Sean McCormack. Author of 'Essential Development 3'. Magazine Writer. Former Official Fuji X-Photographer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Will that effect any of my collections like remove photos that are unsynced from collections?

Thanks kindly for the reply.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As Jim says, they just stay as normal collections. Syncing isn't something you have to do. Personally I only use it to keep certain photos available as portfolio, and for client sharing. 

Sean McCormack. Author of 'Essential Development 3'. Magazine Writer. Former Official Fuji X-Photographer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, the collections themselves will remain intact in Lightroom Classic.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do not know any way to turn sunc definitively off. I believe it is only possible to pause it in definitively.

If you change your computer, it is not necessary to even keep sync. Move your files after you saved all of them with xmp or convert them to DNG.

On the new computer you can either imports your photos from the disk or import the catalog your should have saved before. With the second solution, you will have to locates your folders on the new disk. Method 1 is the simplest but it can be long as preview have to be rebuilt.

Best Regards
Éric Pecquerie
Sent from Eric's IPad Pro

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks kindly for the reply...

I have several collections for photos I've uploaded to Stock Agencies - separate collections each for Adobe, Getty, Shutterstock, Fine Art American, Red Bubble, etc. I wish to keep my collections. I'm assuming importing the catalog database would maintain the collections, while importing photos would not. Is that correct?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't think it really matters whether sync is paused or not. If you remove all of the synchronized data and then don't have any of your collections marked to be shared Lightroom isn't going to try to sync anything. You can just ignore that process. I do.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I paused Syncing photos & I went into my preferences and used the Delete All Synced Data from the Lightroom Sync which prompted me to login into Lightroom on the cloud to delete all my files from the cloud. Which I did.

However, when I look at the Pause Sync it shows there are 2529 files waiting to be synched. I've also unchecked "syncing with Lightroom" from my collections. When I unpause Sync it starts to sync the files again.

Lightroom-Sync01.JPG

Lightroom-Sync02.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you leave Sync active LrC will not sync any collections unless they are selected to sync. However, if you use any of the Cloud-based apps like Lr desktop or Lr Mobile on Smart Phone 05 Tablet files will be downloaded to LrC.

Essentially to isolate LrC totally you need to disconnect from the internet,

So pause sync in LrC is essentially stop syncing of image files and data, both outgoing and incoming. However, you will be connected to your online Adobe account.

Just some thoughts.

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines