Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom Classic 9.4 — keywords entered, then they all disappear

New Here ,
Dec 02, 2020 Dec 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is new as of today.

Running a MacPro-late 2013, 64Gb RAM., tons of HD space.

In Lightroom Classic 9.4 — keywords entered, then they all disappear, as follows:

I select a folder of images and input common keywords. Then when I filter to just my starred images, all the keywords disappear. Turning the filters off and going back to the folder, all the keywording is gone.

Have done this exercise three times now, restarted twice, with the same results each time. Frustrated!

Any input would be welcome.

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Addendum to my above querry.

If I export the images, all the keywords get exported with the image(s). But, they do not show up in Lightroom at all!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Addendum #2

After a bit of Forum reading for suggestions:

I exited Loupe mode into Grid mode, and re-entered all the keywords. Now they all seem to stay put in Lightrooms' keyword panel, regardless of what view mode I'm in.

Case closed I think.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 04, 2020 Dec 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

"I exited Loupe mode into Grid mode,"

In Loupe mode (or the Develop module)- adding keywords will only add to the 'one' active image in the main window, regardless of how many are selected. On the filmstrip it will be the brightest border thumbnail 'Active image' that receives the keyword.

You need to be in GRID view to add a keyword to multiple selected photos.

From the online 'User Guide"-

https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/help/browse-compare-photos.html#selecting_photos_in_the_gr...

When you have more than one photo selected in the Grid view and you make changes such as applying ratings, labels, or adding metadata, those changes are applied to all of the selected photos.

When you have more than one photo selected in the Filmstrip and you're in Loupe, Compare, or Survey view, changes such as adding ratings, labels, or metadata are applied only to the active photo.

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Dec 03, 2020 Dec 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is driving me nuts! I select a group of similar photos. Paste the keywords and hit enter. click on an individual photo and the keywords aren't there. I don't want to have to do each photo separately!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Dec 03, 2020 Dec 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It appears it may be a conflict with the Wordroom plugin. Problem seems resolved after removing it. Too bad, because I like that plugin. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines