• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom Classic 9.4 Not Importing

Community Beginner ,
Aug 19, 2020 Aug 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Trying to upload files from my eos R5 but nothing happens. When I click cancel a notification pops up saying "The following files were not imported because they could not be read or the destination folder is not writable." I am importing to my external hard drive but it works fine when importing directly to the computer. I have checked the permissions on my hard drive and it says read and write so not sure what the problem is!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It means that the Destination folder is not writeable. Please either change the Destination folder to a folder that has write permission, or change the permissions on the Destination folder to have write permission.

Checking the permissions on the DRIVE is not sufficient. You need to check the permissions on the Destination FOLDER, and change the permissions on the Destination FOLDER to write permission.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Done both. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Done both."

So, problem solved?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nope.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Seems like you've been caught by macOS Catlina's over zealous security system. You'll need to add your external hard drive to the list of eligible apps with 'full disk' access. See attached screesnhot.

Untitled-3.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just tried. It just keeps opening the folders and won't let me add the whole drive.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update: I have just been able to import from my computers hard drive to the external hard drive using LR so I assume it is a problem with the computer reading from the R5?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you mean that you're connecting the camera directly to the Mac or are you using a card reader?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes conecting the camera to the mac using the usb-c cable. The computer and LR recognise the camera and I even get the previews to download but then it simply does nothing when I import.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines