• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

LightRoom Classic (9.xxx) Crashes. No code given. Multiple attempts.

New Here ,
Jul 07, 2020 Jul 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe crash.jpg*Running on Windows 7 SP 1 : Intel i7-4790K, 32gb RAM (mostly irrelevant as it's been working for years)

I've been using LR for many years and been a subscriber since the start. Suddenly, LR does not open. 

The desktop shortcut somehow became deleted. And trying to open it manually through Program Files or the Creative Cloud app causes the same error. (image below)

I have restarted the computer numerous times. I have attempted to change the version of LR to 9.0, 9.1, 9.2, and 9.21 with no avail. (9.0 gave the worst crash). Every single time - the below message with no

further details.  Nothing about the catalog itself.

I can run LR Classic (6.0) but that's useless to me since it can't open Sony A7iii files.

I'm currently stuck manually importing/viewing files through PS. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please state the exact version NUMBER of your operating system. If Windows 10, we need the EXACT version number and build number. Do not use words like "latest" or "up-to-date"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

updated. thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So people don't have to download the image you have attached to your post please Edit your post to remove the Attached screen shot and Include it in the body of the text of your post.

You do that by Clicking the "More..." link at the bottom of your post, Selecting "Edit Message" and then use the "Insert Photos" icon in the tool bar at the top of the Post/Reply/Edit dialog box like this.

2020-06-07 19_13_42-Camera Raw Brush tool problem - Adobe Support Community - 11189555.png

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And did you click on Send as to send that crash report to Adobe?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, several times. Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And have you brought up your copy of Adobe Creative Cloud Desktop and intentanaly signed out, then signed back in?

(diagnostic step)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just tried that and had to reboot to get it to open up again.

wondering if I got a virus now

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you attempted to reset the preferences file? See the following link, that is included along with other items

https://shotkit.com/lightroom-keeps-crashing/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does anyone know just how to view the crash report? Where us it kept?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Try posting your issue at the official feedback site, an actual Adobe tech may help:

https://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family/categories/photoshop_family_photoshop_lightroom?topi...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines