• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom Classic and CC workflow without cloud usage

Explorer ,
Feb 11, 2020 Feb 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am a Mac user and I am trying to add the iPad in my workflow for travelling without a laptop.

I do not want my raw photo files going through the Cloud when using my iPad during travel.

Cons of cloud transfer:  

• It eats up too much wifi bandwidth and battery from my iPAD on my travels
  • Back at home I do not want to wait untill everything is up in the Cloud from my iPad to than download from the Cloud again.
  • I do not see clearly what has been uploaded and what not, plus the raw files are somewhere hidden on my iPAD
  • files in LR CC (raw) are different format from the ones imported into LR CLASSIC folders to collections (smart previews only)
  • Creative Cloud storage requires the same amount of storage on your hard disc, so it is not truly cloud storage (like online-only on Dropbox)

I do want to be able to use the syncing from LR Classic to my iPad for using my iPad at home.

Here is my workflow after trying different methods, please comment if you have a better way to do this.

WHEN AT HOME AND IPAD USED FOR WORKING AT HOME

LR CLASSIC - Main catalogue, raw files imported in LRCLASSIC folders by year, month and date

Original files located on external hard drives.

Use Collections by year, month and date for uploading smart previews into the Cloud 

LR CC             Turn on syncing, to download smart previews from Cloud to your iPad

Work on files and sync with LR CLASSIC collections to save the work done on the iPAD

TRAVEL WITH IPAD - no syncing in the cloud

LR CC            update all syncs with LR CLASSIC

turn off syncing on iPAD

Import photo files from SD card

Edit files in LRCC during travels

when back home Export files to folder on iPad or external drive

Delete files from LRCC              

Turn on syncing after files are deleted

Import files into LR CLASSIC from iPad or harddrive

I hope Adobe comes up with a better way to do this, since I do not like deleting files after I imported them. This is accidents waiting to happen.

Please comment if you have suggestions for me.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Feature requests don't belong in this forum. On the main page of this forum, there is a link that says "Submit product feedback".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ok, I will delete that part and add it to the proper page. Thx!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines