• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom Classic and Lightroom installed but wont launch on Windows

New Here ,
Jul 30, 2020 Jul 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just signed up for the photography plan. I installed Photshop and that opened. Then installed lightroom CC and Lightroom, but they wont open when I click the "Open" button. Does anyone know why this is and how to fix it? Thanks

{Thread title edited by moderator}

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 31, 2020 Jul 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

We're sorry about the trouble with Lightroom. Would you mind telling us the version of Windows you are using?

Do you get the splash screen of the apps when you trying the apps? Please ensure that you have all the latest Windows updates installed on the computer.

Regards,

Nikunj

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Windows 10 Version 2004

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please verify that you downloaded and installed the Adobe Creative Cloud Desktop App

https://www.adobe.com/creativecloud/desktop-app.html

And that in the Adobe Creative Cloud Desktop App, that you are signed in.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have downloaded the program. here is a screen shot. Photoshop opens just fine. Its the Lightrooms that wont open when i click the Open button.  I am running Windows 10 version 2004. Windows updated me to it recently before i started your trial . Everything else works like normal on my computer except Lightroom programs. 

I did remote sharing of my computer with adobe support last night. He tried a lot and said that it had to be because i was running windows 10 version 2004. Unfortunately, I upgraded to new larger SSD right before i started the trial, so i dont have the ability to go back to the earlier windows version anymore.

lightroompic1.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

when I click the "Open" button

By that, you mean in the Adobe Creative Cloud Desktop App?

And do you not have a shortcut to Lightroom Classic on your desktop?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes in the creative cloud desktop app. It just gave me the creative cloud desktop app shortcut on my desktop.

I am running Windows 10 version 2004. Windows updated me to it recently before i started your trial . Everything else works like normal on my computer except Lightroom programs. 

I did remote sharing of my computer with adobe support last night. He tried a lot and said that it had to be because i was running windows 10 version 2004. Unfortunately, I upgraded to new larger SSD right before i started the trial, so i dont have the ability to go back to the earlier windows version anymore.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is your Operating System? What OS?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh, and do you have a previous, likely stand alone copy of Lightroom? Perhaps v6.14?

Getting at, do you have a existing catalog? Have you checked for a lock file?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I dont have any existing catalog in lightroom. I have not been able to even open it the first time to even try to learn it lol

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sounds like MS updated your OS to Windows 10 version 2004 automatically, as opposed to your forcing that??

Dirty word.

Ok, what GPU do you have

Make:

Model

driver version:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i have NVIDIA GTX Geforce 1080

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Driver version?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am not a tech wiz. I have no idea how to find out what driver it is 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

NVIDIA? 

Ok, you should have an NVIDIA utility app called GeForce Experience, launch that. Select the Drivers tab. It will tell you what you have, and might be showing that an update exists.

NVIDIA drivers. all though probably older cards, may have issues with Windows 10 version 2004.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I couldnt even update the drivers for the Nvidia. So i put my old drive i cloned from back in the computer and went back to earlier windows 10 version 1909, and now Lightroom works just fine. So it turns out the whole problem was the new version 2004 that went into my windows update. Thanks for the help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines