• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom Classic Auto Tone Issue June 2020

New Here ,
Jun 29, 2020 Jun 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am seeing strange applications of adjustments on JPG files with Auto Tone.  The Raw files look good with auto tone but the jpg files vary wildly.  Similar sequential images will be adjusted differently very dark or very light often by 3-4 stops. 

I didnt see anyone else posting so I am wondering if I am just doing something wrong or need to reload lightroom.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you editing these photos one at a time. Or are you applying Auto Tone to a batch of selected photos?

And are you applying Auto Tone via the Library Module, or the Develop Module?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I shot as both RAW and JPG, Initially I used Auto Tone as a import preset.  I noticed that the RAW files looked good but that the JPG files varied wildly.

I reset the JPG files and used Auto Tone individually in the develope module and got the same poor result. 

As an example, 3 images all taken sequentally or similar subjects all received wildly different treatment, The first was darkened and over saturated, the second looked about right the the third was desaturated and way over exposed.

The 3 RAW versions of the same files all had the Auto Tone applied and all 3 looked good.

Its just before the new lightroom version I was starting to trust Auto Tone (at least as a good starting point)  I was shocked at the poor performance.  As no one else was complaining about this issue I am concerned that I have some other problem/issue. 

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines