Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom Classic Back Up Converting To Lightroom

New Here ,
Nov 03, 2020 Nov 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello! 

I use Lightroom Classic and at one point used the new cloud based lightroom. The cloud based lightroom is not for me so I now only used classic. However, every single time I back up my Lightroom the backup automatically converts to the new cloud based service with only the 24 images I backed up to the cloud. I have completely uninstalled the cloud based service from my laptop and hard drives and it STILL converts my back ups. The only way to access my classic catalogue is to click the desktop option. 

Please help! Thank you.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 03, 2020 Nov 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Lightroom-CLASSIC, does not, will not, cannot, backup the Lr-Classic Catalog to the 'Cloud'*, or "convert".

When you close LrC your are asked to Backup the Catalog (the frequency of Catalog backup is set in 'Catalog Settings' Preferences), and the *local location for the backup is chosen, by you, in the Backup dialog (It must be a physical hard-drive that does not contain the Catalog).

A backup of the Catalog is saved as a dated .ZIP file. It only contains the Catalog, and NOT image files.

Your description of your problem is somewhat difficult to understand!

Please include the following in your questions:
Adobe product Version number & OS details. A Screenshot of the info panel from MENU: Help/System Info...
The full text of any Error Message(s)

What do you mean by "desktop option" when referring to the Lr-Classic Catalog?

Do you start LrC from a desktop icon?

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines