Highlighted

Lightroom classic back up!

New Here ,
Jun 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am new to Lightroom and cannot get anywhere with backing up catalogues. I have created a two back up files for two external hard drives. I have looked at the YouTube video on how to drag and drop the catalogues . It shows the destination drive highlighting in blue when I hover the the catalogue I want to move above it. This does not happen with either drive! What am I doing wrong?

TOPICS
How to, Import and export, Mac, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Lightroom classic back up!

New Here ,
Jun 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am new to Lightroom and cannot get anywhere with backing up catalogues. I have created a two back up files for two external hard drives. I have looked at the YouTube video on how to drag and drop the catalogues . It shows the destination drive highlighting in blue when I hover the the catalogue I want to move above it. This does not happen with either drive! What am I doing wrong?

TOPICS
How to, Import and export, Mac, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jun 19, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jun 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can't do this drag-and-drop with Collections. You can do this only from the folder section.

BTW: What do you try to do? When you're using the drag-and-drop move the the picture will be move from one folder to another. If you wish to backup your photos yopu have to do it outside from Lightroom with system or third party tools.

Here yopu'll find a lot of informations about backup in Lightroom:

https://www.lightroomqueen.com/lightroom/catalogs/backups/

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 19, 2020 0
Jun 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The catalog backup is only a backup of the catalog itself. There are no images in it, and there is no advantage to having it displayed in your Lightroom library. Lightroom cannot simply "show" images in that catalog because there aren't any there. The catalog should be stored on a separate drive and simply be considered an archive to turn to in an emergency.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 19, 2020 0
LEGEND ,
Jun 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you have created two backup catalogs (did you use the Lightroom Classic feature to create the backups) then you move them to another drive using your operating system drag and drop (not drag and drop in Lightroom).

Your screen capture seems to indicate you are not trying to move backup catalogs, you are trying to move collections. So which is it?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 19, 2020 0
Jun 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please Edit you post to remove the Attached screen shot and Include it in the body of the text of your post.

You do that by Clicking the "More..." link at the bottom of your post, Selecting "Edit Message" and then use the "Insert Photos" icon in the tool bar at the top of the Post/Reply/Edit dialog box like this.

2020-06-07 19_13_42-Camera Raw Brush tool problem - Adobe Support Community - 11189555.png

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 19, 2020 0