• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom Classic Book Module Auto Layout Preset

Community Beginner ,
Apr 23, 2020 Apr 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using the latest Lightroom Classic  9.2.1 on Windows 10 and I am trying to create a Book.  I am trying to create an Auto Layout Preset with multiple photographs per page and it keeps reverting back to one per page.   When I go to edit the Auto Layout Preset it has totally forgotten the setting I had created and goes back to 1 Photo per page.   Any ideas on how to solve this problem?

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 24, 2020 Apr 24, 2020

1) I can see several 'Multiple Photo' templates (11 in all, when I scroll down)

And I can change any of these default templates by altering the position and padding of the photo cells then saving as my Custom page template.

ScreenShot028.jpg

2) And are you doing a [Right-Click] on the book page to save a Custom page? (And I have 15 Custom Page templates saved for my 10x8 books)

ScreenShot035.jpg

3) And I can use my new Custom page in an Auto-Layout preset.

Here is a Custom Page in my Auto-Layout preset editor:

ScreenShot037.jpg

Do be aware t

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Questions for you-

1) Are you using one of the default page template that uses multiple photos?

2) If you have modified your own version of a multi-photo page, have you used this custom template in the Auto Layout Preset Editor?

3) Are you Saving the Auto Layout Preset from the drop-down menu?   (or just clicking on [Done] )

ScreenShot033.jpg

This video talks about Auto Layout settings at about the 4 minute mark-

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5-tkBHTpUyg&feature=youtu.be&list=PLmXfFxjdp3CHCRpDULlvcaqWfK_zLPWF2

And for more Lr videos-

http://www.jkost.com/lightroom.html

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1) None of the default page templates uses multiple photos

2) I tried saving a custom template of a multi-photo page I created, but it converts back to 1 photo

3) Yes

I figured out a workaround, which is creating a few Favorite Pages, and then creating an Auto Layout from Favorites and that works!!   I still would like to know why the normal technique does not seem to work. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 24, 2020 Apr 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

1) I can see several 'Multiple Photo' templates (11 in all, when I scroll down)

And I can change any of these default templates by altering the position and padding of the photo cells then saving as my Custom page template.

ScreenShot028.jpg

2) And are you doing a [Right-Click] on the book page to save a Custom page? (And I have 15 Custom Page templates saved for my 10x8 books)

ScreenShot035.jpg

3) And I can use my new Custom page in an Auto-Layout preset.

Here is a Custom Page in my Auto-Layout preset editor:

ScreenShot037.jpg

Do be aware that 'Custom Pages' are only available to the Book 'Size' in which they were created. So an 8x10  Custom page will not appear in a 12x12 book.

Yes, Favorites is a good way of keeping your 'favorite page templates' in a quick referenced collection. And this CAN include your saved Custom pages!

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines