• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom Classic can not add existing folders

Engaged ,
Jul 21, 2019 Jul 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If a folder alreay exists but contains no images yet, it is not possible to add it to the Lightroom Classic Library. A videos says more than 1000 words, please have it here Lightroom can not add existing Folders to Liberary - YouTube

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

True, but I never found that to be a problem. You can create an empty folder from within Lightroom. That folder will be shown in the folder panel, even though it does not contain any images yet.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As above, in different words.

Do not create a new folder with your operating system file manager. Create the new folder you want to show in LR from inside LR.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just experimented on my MACBook Pro.

Experiment 1. Empty new folder

Outside of LR Classic, created  a new folder. In LR Classic went into Folders panel, clcked on the +. Selected Add Folder, pointed to new folder. Bingo it was added, no Import screen, just a nice empty folder. (and LR stated as such,i.e. no i mages)

Experiment 2. Populated folder

Ok, but what if the folder had images? Outside of LR Classic, created another new folder. This time copied some images into it (outside of LR). Launched LR Classic, Add Folder. Yes, an Import screen came up. Images shown. Import was in ADD mode. Clcked on Import. Worked fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Note that I deleted a previous comment. Revisiting what I was thinking the following is my thoughts on the YoueTube vide you linked.

In that YouTube video, the author appears to have done something ilogical . What was that about an imoprt of a catalog. He has muddled things up. Bad example.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

So inquiry:

What is your exact Lightroom Classic version. The version number. v8.3.1???

What are your exact steps in your attemt to add an existing folder into the Lightroom Classic catalog? Be specific, be wordy, include screenshots.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines