• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom Classic can't send email via Apple Mail

Community Beginner ,
Nov 22, 2020 Nov 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe Lightroom Classic can’t send email with Apple Mail in Catalina 10.15.7. Here are the symptoms, followed by where I think the problem lies.

1. After selecting File>Email Photo… the mailing window appears. Apple Mail is selected.
2. After I clicked “Send”, the “Preparing file for email” message appears as it should in the upper left corner 
3. But then nothing happens, it doesn’t bring the Mail application

Note that this works with Lr 6.14. Based on that, I went to the Privacy preferences pane in Security and Privacy. Under the Automation section, Adobe Lightroom Classic does not appear. However Adobe Lightroom (v6.14) is there. So my deduction is that Lightroom Classic should be in that pane for it to send email.

My question then is: is there a way to add the Adobe Lightroom Classic in the automation section to allow it to send email via Mail? If so how? Because in that pane there is no + or - signs to add or remove an app.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Jan 08, 2021 Jan 08, 2021

If you have been unable to export images from Lightroom Classic (v10.1) via Apple mail and all Lightroom would do was just prepare the file but then fail to launch the Mail app the the following may help.

Here is a work around:

From the file menu choose export.

In the menu click the + button to create a new preset. Name the preset as 'For e-mail' or something similar.

In the export location create a new folder in the Subfolder menu e.g. Files for e-mail.

In the File settings and Image sizing pan

Votes

Translate

Translate
Advocate ,
Nov 23, 2020 Nov 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which LRC version are you having the issue with Cath?

I didn't think version 6 was supported in Catlina that well?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 23, 2020 Nov 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Version 10.0 has the email problem that I'm trying to solve.

As you, I am also surprised that V. 6.14 works. It does have a few minor glitch, but nothing major that I could experience. Except for the WEB module, which hasn't been working for many years due to a change in the Google API.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 04, 2020 Dec 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any joy with this. I have the same problem. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, although I suspect that this is related to Catalina. Lr 6.14 which was installed on Mojave has the authorisation in the privacy preference pane. But Lr Classic which was installed after the Catalina Upgrade doesn't have it. The only thing I can think of would be to revert to Mojave and then reinstall Lr Classic. But that would be complicated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No this doesn't work. I suspect the missing part is in the "Automation" section. Because Adobe Lightroom (v6.14) is present but not Adobe Lightroom Classic as oppose to the "File and folder" section. The automation section is what allows Lr to control Apple Mail or other software. Further more, the "Automation" section doesn't allow you to add an App. There is no + or - sign there.Screen Shot 2020-12-04 at 4.28.25 PM.pngScreen Shot 2020-12-04 at 4.30.30 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In that last screen-shot, one up, Full Disk Access. Some find they need to allow LrC in Full Disc Access.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It was checked and it didn't work either. Screen Shot 2020-12-04 at 5.15.45 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I suspect if an App requested to allow Automation, then it would be listed, and if not allowed bu user, unchecked, waiting to be approved.

Ohh, but via another posting, Classic should be showing up 

https://community.adobe.com/t5/lightroom-classic/sending-emails-from-lightroom-through-apple-s-mail/...

What if you login as full Administrator on your MAC?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's what I think too. However I never saw that request... I'm logged in as admin, but are you talking about the "root administrator"?

Anyway, I'll check the link you gave me.

Thank you for your help. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 08, 2020 Dec 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Im having the same problem. IThe t works with Lightroom CC V6 but not Lightroom classic V10 or V10.1. I have tried removing both & reinstalling Lightroom Classic V10 but still no joy. Unfortunately I cant see the app in Automation, which is where I believe the problem lies! Hopefully someone from Adobe can help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 08, 2021 Jan 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you have been unable to export images from Lightroom Classic (v10.1) via Apple mail and all Lightroom would do was just prepare the file but then fail to launch the Mail app the the following may help.

Here is a work around:

From the file menu choose export.

In the menu click the + button to create a new preset. Name the preset as 'For e-mail' or something similar.

In the export location create a new folder in the Subfolder menu e.g. Files for e-mail.

In the File settings and Image sizing panels set to whatever format and size you wish to use in your e-mail attachment.

In the Post-processing section 'After export' in the pull-down menu select Other Application. Click the Choose button below and locate Mail.app in the Applications folder.

Now when you wish to export an image Mail should launch as in previous Lightroom versions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 13, 2021 Jan 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That works perfectly as a workaround. Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 31, 2021 Mar 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

So does anybody know if Adobe have acknowledged this as a problem ? and if so, do you know if it will be addressed ?

Rather than this workaround, I may as well go to my edited photo and email via Finder instead.

I hope they fix it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines