Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom Classic - Cannot drag photos anymore

New Here ,
May 05, 2021 May 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom Classic 10.2 on iMac 5K Late 2015 with MacOS Big Sur 11.3

I can't drag photos to another folder anymore. If I select multiple photos and I try to move them the selection disappear and no photos are moved. Even if I try to move one single photo I cannot do it.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , May 05, 2021 May 05, 2021

Are you dragging by pointing the mouse at the thumbnail of the image and then pressing and holding the mouse button while dragging? Or are you pointing at the grey area around the image thumbnail?

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you dragging by pointing the mouse at the thumbnail of the image and then pressing and holding the mouse button while dragging? Or are you pointing at the grey area around the image thumbnail?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks dj_paige!

I can't believe I was pointing at the grey area without noticing........ I use LR since the first versions...

Problem solved!

Thanks again,

fabio

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 03, 2022 Apr 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issue with Lighroom Classic.  I grag by pointing the mouse in the thumbnail and pressing and holding the mouse button while dragging.  I have been using LR for many years and have never had this problem before.  Please help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 10, 2022 Apr 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm definietly pointing at the picture not the boarder. I had done quite a few photos before it suddenly stopped working.????

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 10, 2022 Apr 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"stopped working"

Please give details about exactly what does happen. And where are you dragging the photo(s) into ... a folder, a collection, somewhere else?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 11, 2022 Apr 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I fised it!!!! While in the library, I hovered over the arrow on the bottom right hand corner. It says "select toolbar content" I clicked on it and and a list cleed view mode comes up. I ticked off all the options and now I can drag again. Hurray! Thank you for your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I haven't fixed it. I can't drag again. I tried what I did before as mentioned above but that's not working.

I'm in my library. moving my photos into various collections under a collection set. I moved quite a few photos for awhile and then I suddenly can't drag them anymore. I tried to click more than one photo to be able to move them as a group and it not only doesn't work, but once again, I can't drag any photo anywhere. I don't know what I did. It's very frustrating. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What happens when you try to do this drag? Explain in detail.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I click on the photo, hold it down and drag the photo to the collection I want it to go.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I tried to do more than one as a group, I clicked on the first photo and, I'm not sure, but did I drag to the next photo or just click on the next photo. Whatever I did, it doesn't like it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay, this time I turned my computer off and on again and it worked. I'm sorry I'm such a bother. I'll try to be less dependent from now on. This is my first week, as if you couldn't tell. Thanks for responding and trying to help. I truly appreciate it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 12, 2022 Apr 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I click on the photo, hold it down and drag the photo to the collection I want it to go.

By @Joan239489819jef

I asked what happens. SO please tell me, what happens when you do this drag? Please give details.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am also having this problem. I put my pointer in middle of image ,click and drag and as soon as I go above the lower view bar it dissapears from the pointer. I can drag left and right but not up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I am also having this problem. I put my pointer in middle of image ,click and drag and as soon as I go above the lower view bar it dissapears from the pointer. I can drag left and right but not up.

By @denthelens

Different problem. Please start a new thread and explain the problem completely.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines