• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom Classic catalog Migration Conundrum

Participant ,
Aug 17, 2020 Aug 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having great difficulty Migrating my LRC catalog from my iMac to my new PC. I am a working Professional and we store our 200K photographs on our companies Server, the LRC catalog up to this point has been on a Mac. I am now using a PC,  Windows 10 in case anyone wonders, Also using the latest version of Lightroom.  We moved the lcat file and all the previews over to the PC friday and started LRC from that lcat and it opened but everytrhing looked different, questionmarks and all sorts of mayhem. Now both the iMac and the PC are looking at the same directory path they just look at them differnetly or they look through differently, Mac & PC. We are desperatly hoping there is a magic cure for this as we dont want to recatalog all 200K photos on the PC as we have alot of color coding and setting over the past 5 years using the Mac. If anyone has a few helpful tips, we'd sure appreciate it.

Again, we're moving a LRC catalog from a Mac to a PC

We have a company server that houses all 200K photographs.

Both the iMac and the new PC are looking at the same directory. 

When the iMac exported Lcat file is opened in the PC its not correct and sees nothing. 

This is How iMac sees server

Screen Shot 2020-08-14 at 11.17.46 AM.png

Same directory as PC sees it

Annotation 2020-08-17 100129.png

This is how Imac LRC views dierectory

Screen Shot 2020-08-14 at 11.07.01 AM.png

This is how PC views same directory after migration of same catalog

Annotation 2020-08-14 111350.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have to point Lightroom Classic on your PC to the M: drive. The instructions are here (see Figure 4 and related text): http://www.computer-darkroom.com/lr2_find_folder/find-folder.htm

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your response. We tried all that, the problem is when we click on any one item and (re-sync) All the others disappear.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you followed the instructions, yes of course the folders MOVE (not disappear). Why? Because you told Lightroom the folder are now on a different drive.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I appreciate all the love but i thnk the real issue is, we're changing platforms!  Mac to PC  We've changed computers before. Mac to Mac and never had an issue, Mac to PC is another animal. Hopefully this helps. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, but MAC to PC is doable. Start over, copy photos and catalog from the MAC again. Follow these instructions exactly as written: https://www.lightroomqueen.com/how-move-lightroom-to-new-computer/ or https://www.lightroomqueen.com/moving-lightroom-free-ebook/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 18, 2020 Aug 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Changing platforms is not different from changing computers, except that MacOS and Windows look at the same directory path in different ways. The Mac uses a disk name, the PC uses a drive letter. That means that you have to 'reconnect' the image folders (like the links explain), even though you did not change the directory path. And that means you will see the folders 'jump' from the 'old' (shown as disconnected) drive to the 'new' one when you reconnect the folders.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines