Highlighted

Lightroom Classic Catalog not Opening

New Here ,
May 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have my work saved in a catalog in Lightroom Classic. When I updated it, I was no longer able to load this catalog, as it says that I need to close lightroom on my computer that is running that catalog already. It is not open anywhere, and I can never open the correct catalog. What can I do to help resolve this issue?

Topics

Account management, Activation, CC FAQ, Libraries

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Lightroom Classic Catalog not Opening

New Here ,
May 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have my work saved in a catalog in Lightroom Classic. When I updated it, I was no longer able to load this catalog, as it says that I need to close lightroom on my computer that is running that catalog already. It is not open anywhere, and I can never open the correct catalog. What can I do to help resolve this issue?

Topics

Account management, Activation, CC FAQ, Libraries

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
May 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It seems that Lightroom wasn't shutdown correctly. So the .lock file wasn't deleted. Please goto to the folder where your catalog is stored. There you'll find a .lock file. Please delete this file. After that Lightroom should start correctly.

Here you'll find more infos: https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/kb/lightroom-error-catalog-cannot-be-opened-lrcat-lock.htm...

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines