• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom Classic catalog switch

Community Beginner ,
Dec 10, 2020 Dec 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In Lightroom Classic (not CC), Is it possible to move my catalog to an entirely new Adobe account? My current adobe suite is attached to my school email account. Once I graduate, I intend on subscribing to the Adobe Photography package (Lightroom and Photoshop) under my personal email address. Is it possible to migrate my catalog that is attached to my school account to my future personal account? 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Dec 10, 2020 Dec 10, 2020

It seems that you are mixing terminologies here. In Lightroom Classic a catalog is stored on the local computer, keeping track of images stored on the computer hard drive. The term of "migrating" a catalog refers to switching to using Lightroom for the cloud where the images are transferred from the local hard drive to the cloud, and the user no longer uses Lightroom Classic but now uses Lightroom, the new cloud-based version that is currently released at version 4.

If you are using Lightroom Cl

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Dec 10, 2020 Dec 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It seems that you are mixing terminologies here. In Lightroom Classic a catalog is stored on the local computer, keeping track of images stored on the computer hard drive. The term of "migrating" a catalog refers to switching to using Lightroom for the cloud where the images are transferred from the local hard drive to the cloud, and the user no longer uses Lightroom Classic but now uses Lightroom, the new cloud-based version that is currently released at version 4.

If you are using Lightroom Classic, and storing your images on a local hard drive, all that is necessary would be for you to activate Lightroom Classic using your personal Adobe ID and password and open the same catalog because the catalog is not specific to an account. If it is on the same computer, and the images are still organized the same, that is all that would be necessary.

If you are creating collections and sharing those collections in the cloud it would be necessary to reestablish that connection and rebuild those shared collections in the cloud.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 11, 2020 Dec 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The actual Catalog file is not in any way associated with any Adobe Account.

It is completely independant of any account.

All you need to open a LrC catalog is LrC itself. Even that program is not Tied To any one Adobe account. As long as the program is Sign Into an account that has a valid subscription it will open and open any LrC catalog file.

Now if you are asking about Connecting to, With, a different Adobe ID for syncing with the web system then No you can't do that. LrC can only connect to the web and mobile system from One Catalog on One Computer from One Adobe ID.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 28, 2021 Feb 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

thank you, this was very helpful

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 11, 2020 Dec 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Let me add that you could take your catalog and all your images both on an external drive to someone else that has the same version of LrC installed as you and Open your catalog on their computer and display all your images.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines