Highlighted

Lightroom Classic catalog

New Here ,
Apr 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom seems to be creating new catalogs. When I look in the Lightroom folder I have Lightroom catalog, Lightroom catalog 2 and now Lightroom catalog 2-2, along with all the sync, helper and previews folders. Why is this happening and can I delete the extra catalogs?

TOPICS
Performance, Problem or error, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Lightroom Classic catalog

New Here ,
Apr 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom seems to be creating new catalogs. When I look in the Lightroom folder I have Lightroom catalog, Lightroom catalog 2 and now Lightroom catalog 2-2, along with all the sync, helper and previews folders. Why is this happening and can I delete the extra catalogs?

TOPICS
Performance, Problem or error, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Apr 18, 2020 0
LEGEND ,
Apr 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Typically, when a new version of Lightroom requires a catalog upgrade, it adds the -2 to the catalog name. So that's probably what happened.

Can you delete the extra catalogs? Probably, but not definitely. You need to look at what is in them to be sure.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 18, 2020 0
New Here ,
Apr 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the fast response. I was concerned that the extra catalogs were duplicating what was already there and taking up hard drive space. If it's a merely what happens when the software gets upgraded then I'll leave well enough alone.

Dan Galvin

Regional Stakeholder Manager

California High-Speed Rail Project

[cid:74c14daf-5d1c-4456-b45a-f651b715dc3a]

444 S Flower Street, Suite 700

Los Angeles, CA 90071

Mobile: 602-432-3223

WSP USA

NOTICE: This communication and any attachments ("this message") may contain information which is privileged, confidential, proprietary or otherwise subject to restricted disclosure under applicable law. This message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s). Any unauthorized use, disclosure, viewing, copying, alteration, dissemination or distribution of, or reliance on, this message is strictly prohibited. If you have received this message in error, or you are not an authorized or intended recipient, please notify the sender immediately by replying to this message, delete this message and all copies from your e-mail system and destroy any printed copies.

-LAEmHhHzdJzBlTWfa4Hgs7pbKl

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 18, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Apr 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need to be aware of the following when a catalog is upgraded, the Catalog 2-2 cannot be opened with the earlier version of Lightroom which created Catalog 2. 

Regards, Denis: System iMac mid-2015, 5K 27” monitor, macOS10.15.7: LrC 10, Lr 4, Ps 22.0,; Camera OM-D E-M1.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 18, 2020 0