• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom Classic Causing Constant Random Full system Crash macOS Catalina 10.15.2

Explorer ,
Feb 03, 2020 Feb 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has happened pretty randomly for two months. Stopped happening for a few weeks, but now it's happening again. In the last 3 days it's almost everytime I'm working in Lightroom, after 2 minutes, sometimes 10 minutes. I'm always in Develop module. Wide variety of different images, different catalogs etc. all on local drive. Doesn't seem to be related to anything I can figure out - zoom sizes, tools etc. It just seems to be random. 

No other apps seem to do this. 

Have updated Mac OS. (now Catalina 10.15.2) Uninstalled and reinstalled Lightroom. 

Nothing seems to help. Would send crash errors to Adobe, but after full system crash it doesn't come up with one. (Only the Apple crash log, which I always send to Apple.)

Any ideas? Need to get work done. This is preventing even 5 minutes of work being done. Thanks!

{Thread renamed by moderator}

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about Lightroom crashing, have you tried turning off the GPU option from Lightroom's preferences? Go to Lightroom > Preferences > Performance tab > Uncheck "Use Graphics Processor" > Restart Lightroom.

Regards,
Sahil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Sahil! I'll give that a try! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Full system crashes are almost always either bad drivers or hardware malfunctions.

You need to update all of your drivers, and if that doesn't solve the problem, you need to diagnose all of your hardware for malfunctions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 04, 2020 Feb 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I find that to be the case typically too. Tho, I find more often that it's usually certain sofware's integration with drivers that's the deeper root of the problem. For instance all other software (adobe included) works fine in this instance. Just Lightroom that has a problem with the current hardware/drivers. 

Sahil's simple and quick workaround appears to have worked great. Thanks Sahil!!! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines