• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom Classic CC 8.2 Enhance Details on Fuji X-T1 Raw files

Explorer ,
Feb 12, 2019 Feb 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone, just installed the new Lightroom 8.2 with the hope that after years and years, my X-Trans raw files (RAF) would see an improvement in Lightroom. All I see is a black screen in the preview window or if I try to generate the DNG file, it's the same black content. So anyone else having this issue with his Fuji X-T1 files ?

Thanks, Augustin .

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Feb 16, 2019 Feb 16, 2019

Solved !!! Follow step 2 from the link and everything will be ok.

"Force Lightroom Classic CC to use OpenGL instead of DirectX"

Big improvement on the X-T1 sensor, finally got rid of those pesky "worms"

Good luck !

https://helpx.adobe.com/ca/lightroom/kb/crash-gpu-directx-enabled.html

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i'm having different problem.  I have a windows laptop that has the latest Windows 10 updates.  When I click on enhance details for a Nikon raw file, I get the message that "WIndows 10 must have the October 2018 update or later."   Is anyone else having this issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

terryd1166  wrote

i'm having different problem.  I have a windows laptop that has the latest Windows 10 updates.  When I click on enhance details for a Nikon raw file, I get the message that "WIndows 10 must have the October 2018 update or later."   Is anyone else having this issue?

Yes, you need the correct windows 10 version. for example  Do not confuse Version (1809) with build

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I need to update to version 1809? I can do that

Sent from my iPhone

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry I was mistaken. Build 17763 is version 1809.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Updating to version 1809 solved the problem for me

Sent from my iPhone

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 13, 2019 Feb 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update: Because we risk flooding due to a large information that has to be dumped on the page below, the administrators recomended that, IF YOU HAVE THIS PROBLEM, just click the "Mee Too" button.

Post your System Info and DX Diag info in this thread:

Enhance Details broken - All-black preview and final render | Photoshop Family Customer Community

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No problem here running Mojave.  Don't feel to bad--this "update" makes very little perceptible difference in the enhancement of X-Trans file.  Not even worth the effort.  By the way, my reaction is the norm across the Net on this enhance feature.  People are very disappointed.  Would love to see what Adobe developers see that I'm missing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No problem here running Mojave.  Don't feel to bad--this "update" makes very little perceptible difference

This feature is really for pixel peepers. Not something that you would make part of a regular workflow. Maybe for that special print enlargement, or book.

I have a couple of examples on my blog and taking the results into PS using a difference blend mode:

https://99jon.blogspot.com/2019/02/lightroom-february-2019-updates.html

Matt K also has a short video:

https://youtu.be/LnHmiJc_b1w

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, for those not using a Fuji X system it maybe hard to understand and maybe they could rightfully ask "..what's the big deal about this feature ?". Well, it is. As a Fuji X system owner I struggled for years with the so called "Worm Issues".

More about it:

X-Trans "Worm" Issues: Fujifilm X System / SLR Talk Forum: Digital Photography Review

So, the workaround was using 3rd party software like Iridient Transformer, but the exporting and importing job when it comes to hundreds of files is not very pleasant.

So if you are trying to sharpen the image in the usual LR tab and if, like me, work with agencies that review your content zoomed at a minimum of 100%, it's makes a big diference.

In conclusion: for now I am still using 3rd party software until Adobe solves this problem, so there is no rush there.  After that, we'll see if "enhance details" does a better job then other software.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 14, 2019 Feb 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

NVIDIA DRIVER?

Lots of people (not all) having this issue have older GPU cards, lots of these being NVIDIA, I happened upon the NVIDIA drivers download page this morning while checking another members driver version, and low and behold some new ones as of yesterday.

If you have  a NVIDIA GPU you may want to go over to Drivers | GeForce  and check. No idea if this is because of LR Classic CC v8.2.

Reminder; Just another user not from Adobe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 16, 2019 Feb 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Solved !!! Follow step 2 from the link and everything will be ok.

"Force Lightroom Classic CC to use OpenGL instead of DirectX"

Big improvement on the X-T1 sensor, finally got rid of those pesky "worms"

Good luck !

https://helpx.adobe.com/ca/lightroom/kb/crash-gpu-directx-enabled.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
May 14, 2019 May 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi All,

We are happy to announce the release of Lightroom Classic 8.3 which should fix the issue related to black preview(after final render) in Enhance details feature.

To update Lightroom Classic to 8.3, click "Update" in the Creative Cloud desktop app next to Lightroom Classic.

More detailed instructions for updating

https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/help/update-app.htmlThis update includes new features and bug fixes to some of the top customer reported issues.

What’s new and fixed

https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom/help/whats-new.htmlRead more about the Lightroom Ecosystem May release on the Adobe Blog.

May Lightroom Releases

Please update to latest version of Lightroom Classic and  let us know in case you continue to face this issue.

Thanks,

Akash Sharma

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines