• EspaƱol
      • FranƧais
      • PortuguĆŖs
  • ę—„ęœ¬čŖžć‚³ćƒŸćƒ„ćƒ‹ćƒ†ć‚£
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • ķ•œźµ­ ģ»¤ė®¤ė‹ˆķ‹°
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom Classic CC 9.4 locks on start-up (windows 10)

New Here ,
Sep 04, 2020 Sep 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Everytime I launch LR Classic, it freezes. I have to click on another window, then LR show "does not answer" for few seconds and start. I have already try to change the langage as mentioned in other posts.

If you could help me.

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 04, 2020 Sep 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think what you are seeing is basically normal for the newer versions of LrC.

When I double click the desktop icon I have for LRc classic the program takes about 3 seconds to initially open (Show on my screen) then just sits there for about another 2-4 seconds for the grid view to come up (or the Loupe view to show a picture) and then sits for about another 8-12 second (possibly longer) to become Active to the point I can click on something in the interface and have the program react to that click.

It has been like that since about LrC 7 or 8.

If I open Lr version 5 (which I still have installed on my system) that starts nearly immediately and or with very little delay.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 07, 2020 Sep 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Just Shoot Me, but I think I have more problem because when I open LR and after waiting 5-6s to initially open, the grid appear then nothing happens until I click somewhere and I'm waiting 8-10s to become active.

I have tried this https://helpx.adobe.com/fr/lightroom-classic/kb/crash-at-launch-windows-language-settings.html but nothing has changed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 07, 2020 Sep 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I think Lightroom Classic on Windows generally takes a while to start. I have to wait about 15 seconds (didn't time it) before I can do anything in Lightroom Classic, and it has always been like this, it is not something new in version 9.4.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines