• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom Classic CC and CC workflow

Participant ,
Dec 19, 2019 Dec 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, i'm sure this has been discussed before (can't find a clear recent answer though) and this question seems pretty basic to most of you but I have now decided to start working with both Lightroom Classic and CC (and mobile). I do most of my editing on desktop Macs with Classic but i have iPad Pro and MacBook Air where i would like to be able to edit the pictures without the need to have a hard drive (100% of my pictures are RAW and live on external drives). Is this possible? and is it a two way directions? I mean, can I edit photos on Classic, send to CC (or mobile) to edit and then keep on editing on Classic, is this doable at all?

Also I'm not even sure how to share a colleciton from Classic anymore, there should to be an icon next to the collection name but it seems to have disppeared....

Thanks in advance!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Dec 19, 2019 Dec 19, 2019

The simple answer to your question is yes. See the link below for lots of video clips that can assist.

https://video.search.yahoo.com/search/video;_ylt=AwrE1.GDhftdIJkAjEZXNyoA;_ylu=X3oDMTEyZTRrYWpsBGNvbG8DYmYxBHBvcwMyBHZ0aWQDQTA2MDdfMQRzZWMDc2M-?p=Syncing+Lightroom+Classic+to+Lightroom+and+Lightroom+Mobile&fr=yfp-t 

Make sure Lightroom Classic is Sync is turned on.

Screenshot 2019-12-19 at 8.28.45 AM.png 

The Collections you choose to sync to the Adobe Creative Cloud should show in the Library module with a double-sided arrow

Se

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Dec 19, 2019 Dec 19, 2019

To ensure no misundertanding - you cannot sync directly between devices. All syncing is done via the Adobe Cloud.

Keeping above in mind is critical as your planned workflow can only work when you have an internet connection.

It's also important to note that Lightroom Classic is only part supported in the Lightroom Cloud Ecosystem. The main distinction between those that are fully supported and Classic is that the latter cannot sync your original images to the cloud; instead it syncs Smart Pr

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The simple answer to your question is yes. See the link below for lots of video clips that can assist.

https://video.search.yahoo.com/search/video;_ylt=AwrE1.GDhftdIJkAjEZXNyoA;_ylu=X3oDMTEyZTRrYWpsBGNvb... 

Make sure Lightroom Classic is Sync is turned on.

Screenshot 2019-12-19 at 8.28.45 AM.png 

The Collections you choose to sync to the Adobe Creative Cloud should show in the Library module with a double-sided arrow

See the screen capture below.

Screenshot 2019-12-19 at 8.53.57 AM.png

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

To ensure no misundertanding - you cannot sync directly between devices. All syncing is done via the Adobe Cloud.

Keeping above in mind is critical as your planned workflow can only work when you have an internet connection.

It's also important to note that Lightroom Classic is only part supported in the Lightroom Cloud Ecosystem. The main distinction between those that are fully supported and Classic is that the latter cannot sync your original images to the cloud; instead it syncs Smart Previews. That being said, any edits subsequently applied to these images in Classic or the cloud apps will be synced to all your cloud connected devces (i.e. mobile and desktop).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines