• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom Classic CC - Edits Disappear Switching from Develop to Library

Community Beginner ,
Oct 30, 2017 Oct 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a photo that has a lot of pink fringing.  I open the Develop module and manually defringe.  When I switch back to the Library module, the pink fringing is still there as bright as ever.

I have a MacBook Pro running macOS 10.13 High Sierra

Lightroom Classic CC 7.0.1

Camera Raw 10.0

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 31, 2017 Oct 31, 2017

You need to view the image at 1:1 to view the effect of Defringe correctly. Are you applying Defringe at 1:1?

I've seen this happening especially with the thumbnails, but also in Loupe view.

As you have seen, this is only a display problem,and doesn't affect exported files.

I'v found that the problem sometimes can be fixed by dragging the sliders in Defringe a little longer than necessary. If you try this, examine the whole image at 1:1 to check for artifacts, like gray halos around branches.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Oct 31, 2017 Oct 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi loleson,

Does the issue of editing disappearing from Develop to library module only appears if you are working with the "Defringing"?

Are you using any presets with these sets of images?

Do you see similar issue with other catalogs too(if any)?

Thanks,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Akash.  Thank you for helping with this.  You can call me Luis.

It appears that this happens only with the Defringe utility.  I tried setting the sliders in the Basic section to their endpoints just to be sure and when I switch to the Library module, the edits are still visible.

In the Lens Corrections section, Distortion and Vignetting also appear to be working normally.  The only thing that doesn't seem to be working is Defringe.

I'm not using any presets.  Here's another bit of info: when I export to JPG, there is no pink fringing in the image.  So it appears this only happens in the Library module image display.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you want the image file, let me know where to send it.  It's a 105 MB tif file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need to view the image at 1:1 to view the effect of Defringe correctly. Are you applying Defringe at 1:1?

I've seen this happening especially with the thumbnails, but also in Loupe view.

As you have seen, this is only a display problem,and doesn't affect exported files.

I'v found that the problem sometimes can be fixed by dragging the sliders in Defringe a little longer than necessary. If you try this, examine the whole image at 1:1 to check for artifacts, like gray halos around branches.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, Per!  I learned something valuable and important.  I moved the sliders past the point of making the pink/purple disappear.  At 1:1 I also noticed green fringing so I adjust for that too.  And yes, I can see gray halos around the palm fronds now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 27, 2017 Nov 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is also happening with noise reduction as well.  You can watch the image change as you switch from Develop to Library.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, noise reduction and sharpening also have to be applied and evaluated at 1:1.

Any other view will be inaccurate and misleading because of image scaling.

In addition, Library and Develop don't use the same previews - Develop previews are created on the fly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This did not happen before the last update. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Fore reference I have optimized the catalogue, exited, and restarted Lightroom, and delete the Lightroom Catalog Previews.lrdata file

As I said, did not happen before the last update. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try disabling the GPU in Preferences > Performance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Already off. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When viewing the image at 1:1, does the noise reduction display identically in Library and Develop?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I went to confirm it and now it seems to work fine.  No 1:1, just fit to screen it is working on my test photo. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines