• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom Classic CC freezes and will not import photos from Camera or Memory Card

New Here ,
Jul 21, 2020 Jul 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using LRC CC Release 9.3 on Windows 10 Pro up to date as of 21 July 2020

In the last two day when I connect my camera to my computer and proceed to import files LRC displays about 10 of the images on the card and the rest are black rectangels. When I initiate the import windows tells me that the program has frozen. It does not unfreeze...I've waited...

I am able to insert the card into the computer card reader and copy the files using explorer to my computer drive. I am then able to restart LRC CC and import the new directory into my catalogue.

I am not able to import the images from the card in the computer's card reader.

I have not changed any settings on LRC CC in months.

Any help would be appreciated.

james

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I generally find that resetting the preferences and optimizing the catalog often help in these types of situations. It's where I'd start first.

warmly/j

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 21, 2020 Oct 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried this and it did not work but I got to spend time resetting all my preferences...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Indeed, reset preferences as outlined here:

https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/help/setting-preferences-lightroom.html

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is the camera turning off during the import?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Windows, so bring up the device manager, for the USB ports/hubs, look at properties, looking for power settings (some have some do not) see if any power down (theoriticaly if not in use)

Some times hard to figure out what port or hub involves the one your camera is plugged into.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

All USB ports are working fine for everything else. I do not use a hub, just straight into the computer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines