• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom Classic CC & Lightroom CC

Explorer ,
Dec 22, 2017 Dec 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am relatively new to the CC family. Originally, I installed Photoshop CC & Lightroom CC. Then I received either an email, notice, etc., to download Lightroom Classic CC, which I did. Now, I am downloading updates to Lr Classic CC and see that Lr CC is not installed. It is not listed in my programs either, just Lr Classic CC. Do I need both installed or just the Lr Classic CC?

I also do not find many tutorials on the Lr Classic CC. Will Lr CC tutorials do the same for Classic CC. All of this is very confusing as much as learning the darn editing! Thank you in advance!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Dec 22, 2017 Dec 22, 2017

I found a blog by Tom Hogarty, that I'm reading now. I hope it answers all I need...

Answering Your Questions on Lightroom CC, Lightroom Classic CC and More

Link for those needing: Answering Your Questions on Lightroom CC, Lightroom Classic CC and More

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found a blog by Tom Hogarty, that I'm reading now. I hope it answers all I need...

Answering Your Questions on Lightroom CC, Lightroom Classic CC and More

Link for those needing: Answering Your Questions on Lightroom CC, Lightroom Classic CC and More

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The 1st 3 questions & answers in Mr. Hogarty's blog is more confusing than helpful, but that is Adobe's fault, not his. If I am understanding, Lr CC was entirely cloud based meaning my photos were on their server? This wasn't explained when I upgraded to CC. I read: "Download just the programs & log on every month or so for updates..."

Lr Classic CC doesn't upload my photos to the cloud, which is what I want. With major companies being hacked all the time, photos stolen on various site, etc., I never wanted this.  So, Lr Classic CC is for people like me...why then did I upgrade to just to use PS CC for $120 per year, when I had Lr 6, & PS 5 that was working just fine?

And the reason I am not seeing many videos about Classic is because there are not any? Will all Lr videos work for my Lr Classic?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 23, 2017 Dec 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lr Classic CC is the successor of Lightroom as you knew it before. It actually is LR 7 but is now only available on subscription and with its new name LR Classic CC whereas your LR 6 was with a perpetual license.

That said, all videos about LR1-6 are basically OK for LR Classic CC as well - except for new features of course.

LR CC is a brand new ecosystem that uses a locally installed app but all images/originals are uploaded to the cloud.

Subscription: LR CC 2015 -> LR Classic CC

Perpetual: LR 6 -> not available anymore

And there is the new LR CC.

There are various subscriptions available depending on your need - for your need I suggest to look at the Photography Plan.

--- Got your issue resolved? Please label the response as 'Correct Answer' to help your fellow community members find a solution to similar problems. ---

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for helping to clear things up. I did read the plans again, as I did when I went with Lr CC & PS CC.  Lr Classic CC wasn't on the plan then. Just a month or so ago, I was sent the download for Lr Classic CC, which I believed HAD to be downloaded. Last night I had 2 windows open reading both plans, but do not understand why the email was not more clear that a DECISION had to be made. Adobe is very confusing and could be better in their PR department. This year I was a victim of the Equifax breach and a credit card was hacked so, I have a few more questions if you don't mind:

Does Lr Classic CC have all the features of Lr CC, such as Portfolio & Spark? I haven't launched either of those because of time constraints...

Does using Lr Classic CC make it null to watch tutorials for Lr CC, or are all features the same? (There are not many videos for Classic.) All of the content in the Create emails I receive: are they viable for Classic? This is confusing. Judging from comments I read below the  link to Mr. Hogarty's blog, is murky for many people.

Using PS CC: are those photos stored in the cloud? And Bridge? If it is only Bridge that stores my photos in the cloud, can I uninstall that app without affecting PS CC? I do not use Bridge at all & find it unnecessary/redundant with Lr. Am I correct, or are there features in Bridge I don't know about? (I used Bridge back with PS 5 but found it unnecessary when I started using Lr.)

With these plans storing my photos in the cloud, and also having them on my computer/external drive: would using a yearly service like Carbonite or Amazon's Prime Unlimited Photo Storage be unnecessary? (That would save money to pay for the photography plan.)

I am in a local photography club with about 100 members and want to educate them on what I am learning here. We are connected with about 26 other clubs in 4 states. Making a wild guess I would say this information will reach approximately 300-500 people. Thank you again for your time & dedication.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Don't feel bad for being confused. This entire thing with CC and Classic CC and the mobility or cloud features of Classic CC are so confusing that Adobe recently sent out a survey asking users what they thought. It's a mess. It's such a huge mess that Adobe can't even figure it out. I've been using LR since it came out, and I can't figure it out.

Even this morning I went to edit and organize some photos, and it was so confusing I spent an hour reading online haven't touched a photo. It's a hot mess.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you have been using LR since it came out it shouldn't be confusing at all. LR Classic CC is the same program as all the other Lightroom that came before it.

One look at any of the articles describing the differences between LR C CC and LR CC state that LR C CC is the same as all that came before. And that LR CC for real computers is Cloud centric.

But you are right it Adobe messed up big time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines