• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom Classic CC not responding in windows 10

Contributor ,
Jul 28, 2018 Jul 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been having lots of problems running Lightroom Classic CC, it's slow, takes minutes to show my editings, does 'not respond' so many times, that editing a photo has become an ordeal. Try to get help from Adobe customer service but it's impossible to get a hold on them. What a nightmare! What a disappointment!

Is anybody there who can help me?

Thank you

Moderator: Moved from Adobe Creative Cloud​ to Lightroom Classic CC — The desktop-focused app​

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 09, 2018 Aug 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think the idea of this is to see if another program or task that's runs besides Lightroom take all the processor resources so that Lightroom is not responding. Sort the CPU column ascending, so you can see the tasks which the highest processor utilization.

Then work with Lightroom, and when LR is not responding switch to the task manager and check the CPU column.

I think you should also consider a complete reinstallation of Lightroom. All this sounds drastic and it does take time and effort, but a clean installation can fix many problems.

1) Save your catalog to a secure location.

2) Use the CC Desktop App to deinstall  Lightroom (and Photoshop)

3) Download and run the Adobe Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool to remove all Adobe 'stuff'.

Use the Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool to solve installation problems

4) Open the CC Desktop App and install the latest version of Lightroom (& Photoshop)

5) Restore your catalog.

My System: Intel i7-8700K - 64GB RAM - NVidia Geforce RTX 3060 - Windows 10 Pro 22H2 -- LR-Classic 13.2 - Photoshop 25.6 - Nik Collection 6.9 - PureRAW 4 - Topaz Photo AI 2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much Axel, I will try it, and I hope I'll do it right.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Aug 14, 2018 Aug 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Axel,

I followed all the steps you suggested, I haven't used LR yet, but I did not have to restore the LR Catalogs because they were there at the same place as before. Does it mean I didn't do it right?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My understanding of how the tool works, the log should have been collected the moment you installed the tool. You are to however send the information to Adobe via an e-mail address I'm waiting for to update you with. In that e-mail you may ask them to assist you with a fix. I just wanted you to go through the instruction, and check to see if you can identify the log file, which should be a zip file based on the understanding of what I read from the link sent to you. If you however would like to attempt troubleshooting you could follow the instruction at Troubleshoot Adobe Creative Cloud install issues with log files . Read-up on all the supporting links so that you have a clear understanding of what to do.

If however you cannot identify the relevant files as is outlined in the information provided, please let me know.

Best wishes

JG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Aug 16, 2018 Aug 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello JG!

I'm not going to attempt to troubleshooting it, I don't think I can do this, I'm naive about these things.

I believe the log was collected but I didn't have a way to send it to Adobe. I opened it, didn't understand a thing, but so lots of 'errors' there

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Regina,

Sorry I did not read your response to the suggestion to sharing the files with us. Please allow me time to find out how this is done.

Regards

JG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 15, 2018 Aug 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think you have do it right. When you do a deinstallation of an application all user specific files will not be deleted.

Lightroom catalog are user specific files so it's ok that they are still on the same location as before.

My System: Intel i7-8700K - 64GB RAM - NVidia Geforce RTX 3060 - Windows 10 Pro 22H2 -- LR-Classic 13.2 - Photoshop 25.6 - Nik Collection 6.9 - PureRAW 4 - Topaz Photo AI 2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, they were there.

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Regina

I'm so sorry you are having such a difficult time resolving this issue. I believe Axel is leading you in the right direction.

Sometimes poor performance is indicative of an issue during the install of the previous version. Having already checked GPU and Preferences that is where I would go next.

• Restart Computer
  • Uninstall Lightroom from the Creative Cloud App
  • Restart Computer
  • Before running any other software, reinstall Lightroom from the Creative Cloud App
  • Launch Lightroom
  • Wait 5 minutes

Let us know if there is any change in behavior!

Best,

Carissa

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Carissa. I'm going to try it and I'll let you guys know.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Regina,

I've gathered some information that might help to diagnose the real issue. Adobe Engineering /QE developed logger tools that can be used by customers to collect data on their system which can then be shared with Adobe. When the logger is run it will collect a bunch of mainly hidden logs that QE can use to identify possible bugs. The logger tool can be accessed from this page Log Collector Tool

I hope this helps

Best wishes

JG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi JG,

I've just downloaded the Log Collector Tool, and now what do I do? I'm not sure what is the next step

Thank you,

Regina

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Regina

I've requested the e-mail address for you to send the logged info to. In the mean time you can read-up on the instructions at Log Collector Tool. If there's anything further for you to know I'll update you when I post the address.

Regards

JG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you my dear

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Regina,

Checking in see how everything was going! I see you followed the steps Axel suggested. Let us know if there was any change in behavior once you start up Lightroom.

For the log created by the tool, can you share it via Dropbox, Google Drive, or Creative Cloud link here?

In regards to the catalogs, are those the copies Axel asked you to create as a backup?

^Carissa

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Carissa

Thank you for the follow-up.

Regards

JG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Carissa,

I followed the steps Axel suggested, if I did it right it did not resolve the problem, I still have that annoying 'LR not responding'.

Yes, the Catalogs are the ones I saved in another location before uninstall LR and Photoshop.

I'm not sure how to share the log created by the Adobe tool through Google Drive or Creative Cloud link, I don't use Dropbox. If you tell what to do it, I'll share it with you.

Thank you,

Regina

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 17, 2018 Aug 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have tried to create a new catalog in Lightroom? If no, create a new catalog and import several pictures and try if it's work.

The second try is to create a new user account with Administrator rights and try if Lightromm worked under this new account. Sometimes it happens that the user profile in Windows has a fault.

Axel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Regina,

It seems the restarts between uninstalling and installing didn't help either. Hmm. The logs should give us an idea of what is going on. I'm so sorry this is still an issue.

I've sent you a DM with information on how to send the logs to us.

^ Carissa

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Carissa

Can you send the information on how to send the logs to Adobe? There is another customer that needs to send collected log files.

Regards

JG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

jacquelingphoto2017

I'm reaching out to you via DM.

^ Carissa

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 18, 2018 Sep 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are welcome Carissa..

I assume the logs were sent. It's a long time now. Any word about the findings?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 22, 2018 Aug 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Regina,

Did you get a fix for your Lightroom issue? If not, there should be a new update release available. If you have not done so as yet, try updating and let us know if there's any improvement.

Best wishes

JG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Aug 24, 2018 Aug 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good morning JG!

No, unfortunately I still have problems with LR, I downloaded the new version, and it's the same. I am starting thinking I'm going to have to find another photo editor...

Have a great day.

Regina

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 27, 2018 Aug 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Regina M.​

I'm sorry the update didn't resolve the issue. I've reached out with a request from our engineering team via DM.

^ Carissa

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines