• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom Classic CC not responding - Windows

New Here ,
Jan 17, 2019 Jan 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hopefully this had not been answered.  Today, 1/17/2019, I tried to get into Lightroom Classic CC.  The spash screen comes up and goes away.  Then another window (modalform) comes up and I briefly see the word Adobe.  The screen then becomes all white.  The app says not responding and I cannot do anything except kill it.  I have tried restarting the computer,but get the same problem.  I had a Windows update yesterday and also all the adobe apps were updated yesterday (PhotoshopCC LightroomCC, Lightroom Class CC, Camera Raw).

Has anyone else had this problem and found a resolution?

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 18, 2019 Jan 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just one comment- (If I am not understanding your quote correctly)

ran CCleaner multiple times

The advice from Per Berntsen​ was to run the ADOBE CREATIVE CLOUD CLEANER TOOL,  not the freeware CCleaner. 

Use the Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool to solve installation problems

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 18, 2019 Jan 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You do not access the Adobe Customer Care, a site that will lead you to a chat with Adobe, from this forum

I am a bit cautious of posting the web address as when I test the posting out my e-mail pops up, that could be due to this forum knowing who is testing

add https:// in front of this

Helpx.adobe.com/contact.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 21, 2019 Jan 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the suggestions everyone.

I just uninstalled all the CC apps and repaired the Creative Cloud app (maybe I should uninstall that,too.). Then I downloaded and ran the Creative Cloud cleaner.  I'm not sure I picked the right items (all CC apps,Clean All), but I am still having the same issue as before where it opens and i see some of my pictures, but then a white screen comes up where I briefly see the Adobe logo and then it goes blank and just hangs.

I tried to use the website provided above, but the chat button is never enabled for me.  I only have access to the forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please find below a different link about contacting Adobe. It includes a link to the Chat. Perhaps my previous info was suspect?

FAQ: How do I contact Adobe Support?

If the link to chat works, you should see a screen asking for you to login to your Adobe account. If not, see previous reply with some Licensing and connectivity issues

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ok just got off chat. They took control of my PC to try and solve the issue however could not.  They are escalating the issue with app logs.  Will let you know

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the info,Christina. I will be curious to see when it gets fixed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"I tried to use the website provided above, but the chat button is never enabled for me.  I only have access to the forum."

Possible Account or Licensing issue, possible connectivity issue

Troubleshoot licensing issues | CC 2019

How to resolve connection errors with Adobe Creative Cloud and Creative Suite applications

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"I did uninstall PhotoshopCCand reinstalled a trial(since I deactivated) and I have the same problem with the new instal"

Do you have a license to CC? or still trying to run trial?

And perhaps an install methodology issue?

Proper install process would be. And this after your uninstall, and Adobe Creative Cloud Cleaner.

Download a fresh new copy of the Adobe Creative Cloud Desktop.

Launch the Adobe Creative Cloud Desktop

Sign in thru the Adobe Creative Cloud Desktop

Clcik on the Apps tab in the Adobe Creative Cloud Desktop

One at a time clcik on the install button for each CC app you want (based on your subscription plan)

At no point should the word trial be involved

However.look at this: Stop Adobe Creative Cloud from opening in trial mode after purchase

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

By the way, did any of us advise to try using a new computer login account? Not sure if your rig is MAC or Windows, more of a Windows issue, but???

Sometimes user accounts, your computers user account, can get bugged up.

Also, you have not perhaps recently had to reinstall your OS have you? That would bring up computer user account issues to a new light.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I resolved it by uninstalling all the apps including creative cloud from the control panel and resibscribing. It seems to be working now.

Get Outlook for Android<https://aka.ms/ghei36>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines