Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom Classic CC presets folder not expanding

New Here ,
Apr 11, 2019 Apr 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello!

I just got an Adobe subscription and am on Windows 7. I'm on Lightroom Classic version 8.2.1.

I also have several sets of presets on hand that cannot be installed. I have read many sites for help and troubleshoot - I am aware that .xmp should be utilized. However installation does not work at all. I attempted Edit > Preferences > Presets > Show Lightroom Development Presets as well as File > Import Develop Profiles and Presets but nothing works.

Some sites also mention expanding the presets folder, however despite the + symbol, mine cannot expand at all (as pictured). I have been searching extensively but to no avail, hope I can get some answers here!

Capture.JPG

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Apr 11, 2019 Apr 11, 2019

It appears you don't have any photo selected in Develop?  Edit a photo in Develop. Then click the "+" to the right of Presets, and choose Manage Presets:

In Manage Presets make sure all the groups (what Adobe calls folders of presets) are checked, most especially User Presets (you can uncheck ones you don't want later):

Do presets now appear in the Presets panel?

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It appears you don't have any photo selected in Develop?  Edit a photo in Develop. Then click the "+" to the right of Presets, and choose Manage Presets:

In Manage Presets make sure all the groups (what Adobe calls folders of presets) are checked, most especially User Presets (you can uncheck ones you don't want later):

Do presets now appear in the Presets panel?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi John,

Thank you so much! Presets appear now.

I was also trying to see if the presets on Classic CC can synchronize directly to mobile without the CC Desktop app (as this is not compatible with Windows 7), but I guess its definitely not possible without the CC Desktop app?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

if the presets on Classic CC can synchronize directly to mobile without the CC Desktop app (as this is not compatible with Windows 7), but I guess its definitely not possible without the CC Desktop app?

LR Classic doesn't sync presets with LR CC -- you have to manually sync them via LR CC Desktop: https://www.lightroomqueen.com/sync-presets-profiles-lightroom-classic-mobile/ .  But as you observe, you can't install LR CC on Windows 7. I don't know of any other solutions, other than to upgrade to Windows 10.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines