• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom Classic CC

Explorer ,
Oct 31, 2018 Oct 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,  I have all of my photos on a external hard drive.  I have a desk top tower and I just purchased a laptop. Is there a way I can make photo adjustments using either computer? If I make adjustments to a photo using my desk top, then disconnect the hard drive and reconnect to the laptop the adjustments aren't there. Is there something I need to be doing.  Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Advocate , Oct 31, 2018 Oct 31, 2018

Yes, you can store your images and your catalog (and associated files) on the external drive, and then access the catalog from either computer. Here's an article that explains the process in detail.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, you can store your images and your catalog (and associated files) on the external drive, and then access the catalog from either computer. Here's an article that explains the process in detail.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On another note, I would recommend that when you post questions in a forum such as this, use a more descriptive title than "Lightroom Classic CC".  A title such as "Using Lightroom on My Desktop and Laptop" would be better. People looking to help usually scan the post titles looking for those that they think they can help with.  Maybe it wasn't clear that you were providing a post title.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks ! This is the first time I have ever posted a question.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you very much!  That will fix my problem. I really appreciate the help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Nov 01, 2018 Nov 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're welcome, Rob, and welcome to the forums!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 10, 2020 Nov 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Laura, if you store the catalogue on the external drive/NAS do all machines need to be running the same version of Lightroom ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 11, 2020 Nov 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, all the computers need the same version of LR. The catalog formats are specific to the LR version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 11, 2020 Nov 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You can NOT place the catalog on a NAS. NAS means Networked Attached Storage. the Catalog and associated folders have be on a drive that is connected Directly to the computer you are using LrC on.

It, the catalog, can be on an EXTERNAL drive that you Move from computer to computer but not on a drive that is access across your LAN.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines