• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

lightroom classic cc

New Here ,
Mar 25, 2020 Mar 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How can i take my pic's out of LR classis cc and store them untill i can better understand how to organize them in LR classic cc.  they are everywhere mostly in collections but that does not organize them the way i want

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your pictures are NOT "IN" Lightroom.

LR Classic is a Database program. It make a Record, a Reference, in the database of where your pictures are store, drive name or letter (Mac Windows respectively), Folder name and if called for subfolder name they are stored in.

LR also NEVER EVER touches your original files. The Edits you make to any image file in LR are just Displayed Over the Top of the original file. The only way to actually Include your edits into a picture is to Export it.

So when you import images from a cameras memory card you are give the opportunity to slect the drive, folder and subfolder to store those images in.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In Lightroom Classic, the Folders panel on the left tells you which folders on your local storage drives contain the photos cataloged by Lightroom Classic.

If a photo is selected in the Library or Develop module and you want to know where it is on your storage drive, select the photo and choose Photo > Show in Finder (macOS) or Show in Explorer (Windows). This will switch to your computer desktop and reveal where the image is stored on your computer.

Or, in any module, if the Filmstrip is open you can right-click any image in the Filmstrip and choose Show in Finder/Explorer from the context menu that pops up.

It works the same way for folders. If you are looking at a folder in Lightroom Classic but you’re not sure where that folder is on your hard drive, go to the Library module, right-click the folder in the Folders panel, and choose Show in Finder/Explorer to reveal the actual folder on your computer desktop.

Because the photos are not actually inside Lightroom Classic but only referenced, if Lightroom Classic was deleted from your computer, all of your photos would remain in the folders where they currently are.

Collections are different than folders, because collections don’t refer to any locations on a computer. Collections are more like lists or playlists.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 26, 2020 Mar 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

How can i take my pic's out of LR classis cc and store them untill i can better understand how to organize them in LR classic cc. they are everywhere mostly in collections but that does not organize them the way i want

Do not remove the photos from Lightroom's catalog. Leave them there. If you remove them from the catalog, then you lose any edits and any user-provided metadata that you have on these photos.

In general, you want to use Lightroom tools to organize. Organize by assigning keywords and other metadata to the photos. Do not organize by moving photos from one folder to another.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines