Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

lightroom Classic connection NAS

New Here ,
Dec 20, 2020 Dec 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

before using LR, I used the Nikon program (ViewNX) for editing and all my RAW pictures were stored on my Synology NAS DS216. That worked well because ViewNX allowed me to see my pictures on the NAS.

Now I use LR but LR does not seem to find the NAS. 

So my question is: do I have to upload a plug-in to 'connect' my NAS with LR? 

Thanks for your reply,

B. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where are you placing the LrC catalog?

I am refering to the catalog, not the photos.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 21, 2020 Dec 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi,

my LrC catalog is on my PC. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please post your System Information as Lightroom Classic (LrC) reports it. In LrC click on Help, then System Info, then Copy. Paste that information into a reply. Please present all information from first line down to and including Plug-in Info. Info after Plug-in info can be cut as that is just so much dead space to us non-Techs.

Please_Post_Your_Sys_Info_as_LrC_reports_it.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 21, 2020 Dec 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Now I use LR but LR does not seem to find the NAS.

So my question is: do I have to upload a plug-in to 'connect' my NAS with LR?

Lightroom Classic does not "find" photos or drives, you have to tell Lightroom Classic that the photos are there. The primary way is by importing photos from a drive (internal, external, NAS) and only then does Lightroom Classic know about the drive.

Have you done that? If you have, then I don't understand what you mean by "find" in the context of Lightroom Classic. If you have not done that, then that's the first step.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 23, 2020 Dec 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

the problem was that my Synology was not installed as a Network drive and as a result it did not appear in the LR sources. Thanks for your help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines