Highlighted

Lightroom Classic constantly crashing after latest update

New Here ,
Mar 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After the latest update to Lightroom Classic v9.2 through Creative Cloud Desktop (on Windows 10), every time I launch the application it begins upgrading the Catalog, the application opens OK then immediately crashes. Even the crash bug reporter is frozen and crash along with the rest of the app. I've done this 4 times with the same result. 

Any ideas what's going on here and how to revert back to an older version?

Topics

Bug, Crash or freeze, Problem or error, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Lightroom Classic constantly crashing after latest update

New Here ,
Mar 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After the latest update to Lightroom Classic v9.2 through Creative Cloud Desktop (on Windows 10), every time I launch the application it begins upgrading the Catalog, the application opens OK then immediately crashes. Even the crash bug reporter is frozen and crash along with the rest of the app. I've done this 4 times with the same result. 

Any ideas what's going on here and how to revert back to an older version?

Topics

Bug, Crash or freeze, Problem or error, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
firasr LATEST
New Here ,
Mar 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I managed to get past the constant crashes by doing the following:

- When I get the pop up screen asking me to confirm upgrading my catalog to a new version, I chose to open an existing catalog and checked the box for "test integrity". I selected the Lightroom Catalog-2.lrcat as I had 5 different ones at this point. This worked and LR stayed open without crashing. 

Hope this helps anyone else having the same issue.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines