Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom Classic Constantly Crashing at Startup

New Here ,
Mar 05, 2020 Mar 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can no longer open LR Classic.

I click the icon. It looks like it's opened but my library doesn't finish showing the folders and the cursor starts to do the "waiting" thing. Then if you click anything or if I wait long enough, it shows the LR splash screen again and then freezes and crashes. It doesn't give me an error message or anything from adobe to report, just the report it to Microsoft screen.

A reboot doesn't fix it.
I've tried a different catalogue and no catalogue. It still does it.
I tried updating all my drivers, including my graphics driver. It still does it.
I uninstalled LR, rebooted then Reinstalled. Still does it.
I created a new windows user and tried again. Same. It didn't even have a catalogue to load before it crashed.

The only thing I haven't tried is uninstall with removing the settings and try that.

Is there anything else I can try? I'm a Photographer and I need to work on this set asap.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 06, 2020 Mar 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

We are sorry about the experience with Lightroom Classic. Would you mind sharing the version of Windows you are currently using? Please ensure that all available Windows updates are installed on the computer.

You can go to the Event Viewer for you computer and check if there are any errors reported there right after the application crashes. To check go the Windows logs, then application and select the error. You would see more information about the file causing the issue under General.

Screenshot_60.png 

Let us know if you see a spcefic path or file name related to Lightroom. Also, are the catalogs saved on an external drive or the local storage of your computer?

Regards,

Nikunj

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 06, 2020 Mar 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What else has changed on your  system?

OS updates?

Any hardware changes?

Please state the exact OS you are using, type, Mac/Windows, and the exact version number.

So LR Classic did at one time function on your system?

If it did then you more than likely have a hardware problem of some type.

No computer program works one day and not the next without something failing on your system.

Could be memory, hard drive starting to fail or a Heat (Overheating) problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 08, 2020 Mar 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I experience the constant crashes after updating LR Classic to V9.2 on a macOS 10.15.3

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines