Highlighted

Lightroom Classic continuously synchronizes photos in a collection

Community Beginner ,
Sep 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a collection that recently Lightroom Classic continuously synchronizes. The collection is big (at least for me) and has some 550 images. I frequently look at this collection on other devices (Android tablet and Chromebook). The synchronization tab shows no errors. I simply find it continuously synchronizes. The upload number will drop to about 20 and then shoot up to about 50.

Am I doing something wrong? Is viewing these images on other devices forcing an endless loop of uploads on my PC? I sometimes look at the images on Lightroom from the same PC. Is that a no-no? Should I remove Lightroom from the PC and stick to Classic?

Thanks 

TOPICS
Sync, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Lightroom Classic continuously synchronizes photos in a collection

Community Beginner ,
Sep 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a collection that recently Lightroom Classic continuously synchronizes. The collection is big (at least for me) and has some 550 images. I frequently look at this collection on other devices (Android tablet and Chromebook). The synchronization tab shows no errors. I simply find it continuously synchronizes. The upload number will drop to about 20 and then shoot up to about 50.

Am I doing something wrong? Is viewing these images on other devices forcing an endless loop of uploads on my PC? I sometimes look at the images on Lightroom from the same PC. Is that a no-no? Should I remove Lightroom from the PC and stick to Classic?

Thanks 

TOPICS
Sync, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Sep 14, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Sep 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes REMOVE Lr and stick with LrC.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 15, 2020 1
Community Beginner ,
Sep 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the confirmation. Any idea why Lightroom desktop causes problems?

John 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 15, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Sep 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I believe the article available at the link below provides a good description of LrC vs Lr (cloud-based) apps.

https://www.lightroomqueen.com/lightroom-cc-vs-classic-features/

Regards, Denis: System iMac mid-2015, 5K 27” monitor, macOS10.15.7: LrC 10, Lr 4, Ps 22.0,; Camera OM-D E-M1.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 15, 2020 0