Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom classic crash and loss of data

Community Beginner ,
Apr 10, 2020 Apr 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I am using win10, My lightroom classic crashed and a lot of metadata and edit`s data is gone.

Is there a way to restore ?
Many hours of work gone in a heart bit!! I am so sad 😞

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you need to restore your catalog from a backup after that crash? If not, did you perhaps delete a .WAL file from the catalog folder? A crash should not make you lose any metadata or edits as long as you can still use the current catalog.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for replying,

I did not need to restore.

I started Lightroom again and the catalog went back up with the data from a week ago.
I don't get it, the catalog was closed yesterday so at least there should have been the more recent data.

I am puzzled... I know a crash should not make me lose any metadata, this is a first to me and I am working with Lightroom for many years.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sounds like Lightroom loaded an older version of the catalog. Look in your catalog folder if there is more than one catalog file (.lrcat extension) and look for more than one catalog folder.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines